What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darth Vader Wallpaper 1920x1080

ibclare

Queen Bee
For a wallpaper, it's pretty good, though the large expanse of blue grey background is pretty boring to me. Another critique I have is that most of the ink blots just look too much like inkspots, not something sinister boiling off of Darth. And he looks like there has really been no manipulation of his image and that could be improved upon quite a bit. If you want him to look evil but vulnerable, maybe you should shatter him!

The whole thing is just not wicked enough for me.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I played arpund with it. Tok awhile but I was just messing. So there are much better ways to make a shattered object (google). AT least, IMO, that would make this a more interesting image. This one I made is a bit heavy and doesn't quite meet my expectations, but I thought to demonstrate some things you could do to jazz it up a bit. :neutral:DarthVader-1.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really like the fact that your making an effort. It's hard to put your work up for critique, I commend you on this. You certainly get points from me in choosing a Star Wars related theme!

I also find the wallpaper a bit sparse and slightly boring. It's lacking in composition. It's just a big Vader cutout on a large mostly gray background and a splatter brush thrown in for good measure.

It's also too centered, are you aware of the rule of thirds?

Just a thought............grunge has seen it's better days, it's mostly used when the artist runs out of ideas.

Please don't give up! Take our critiques constructively and see if you can improve with what we have said to you.