What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LANYARD for a friend

Hybrus

hello. my friend ask me to make her a lanyard design. which is inspired by BARANGAY GINEBRA a famous basketball team in our country. . i decided to post what a made to hear some suggestion and to make my design better . . thank you in advance
10884634_1559351254308316_814432751_n.jpg10884608_1559567407620034_1000060503_n.jpg10866773_1559703564273085_1439955795_n.jpg10876485_1559703577606417_1144560146_o.jpg10887954_1559703574273084_1365597607_n.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I have never made one of these, but it looks good to me. No suggestions that I can think of. How can this be made ?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I have never made one of these, but it looks good to me. No suggestions that I can think of. How can this be made ?

First you start with a template.... like this.... http://pococoy.deviantart.com/art/LANYARD-TEMPLATE-132171495

the rest is up to you..... :mrgreen:

His work looks good actually. I don't know what to say. Except that will the original GINEBRA team allow usgae of the word Ginebra?

by the way Larry.... the top 2 images are his designs I suppose. The rest are the original team's design if I'm not mistaken. Those are the ones with the PBA logo (Philippine Basketball Association).

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
First you start with a template.... like this.... http://pococoy.deviantart.com/art/LANYARD-TEMPLATE-132171495

the rest is up to you..... :mrgreen:

His work looks good actually. I don't know what to say. Except that will the original GINEBRA team allow usgae of the word Ginebra?

by the way Larry.... the top 2 images are his designs I suppose. The rest are the original team's design if I'm not mistaken. Those are the ones with the PBA logo (Philippine Basketball Association).
My question is actually,,how do you make just ONE? I mean the physical manufacturing process.

As to the logo, if it's for personal use and not going to be marketed, I doubt there would be an issue.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
By the looks of it, this will be produced for distribution (even for sale).
hybridmadness .... am I correct to assume the firt two images are your design?

If it is, better check if Ginebra San Miguel Incorporated will allow the use of even the GINEBRA team logo and font text.

Hybrus

I made them all, the first 2 actually a scratch. I also searched for ginebra official lanyard but didn't saw anything. This would never go to distribution, only one or 2 will be made. Maybe i can call this a fan made lanyard. The logo of accell and pba i just grab them out to the internet. Is there still be an issue beside of that?

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I see. I was under the impression the ones with the PBA logo was the official one.

But just to be on the safe side, just check with PBA and Ginebra if fans are allowed to use their logos for private, fan artwork use. Better safe than sorry.

Your design looks good.

Great work.

Hybrus

it is for personal use. maybe i will contact the ginebra or pba for this. since i am planning to make a business with lanyards and shirts design.. . for a lanyard it cost Php300.00 for a single print in our area . . for shirt i am still looking for it . i saw my brothers in DeMolay had a shirt. shiny printed made of silk, the quality is good but still looking for a good quality t-shirts. since blue corner and blue and angel are ugly.

Last edited:

Hybrus

What do you mean by that? i don't get the point . .

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Logos, most especially those used by corporations , associations or private entities are COPYRIGHT . This means they are the sole owners of the logo and are the only ones who could use it. They can, however, allow other people or entities to use the logo but by written permission.

If you use such a logo without asking permission from them, you are violating their rights as the sole owner and you are liable for it. They can sue you for that.

For more details about copyright infringement.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

..... Just to add, the forum is very strict with regards to COPYRIGHT. And this is something you have to learn, be careful with and practice in your day to day dealings as a freelance designer.