What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube Avatars/Banners I've Made!

SpeKTrekZ

Hello all you guys! I would like to start by showing you guys some of my artwork I have been making recently and would like some feedback on it!
first one is a YT profile pic
Second is MY YT Banner

Again gladly I will take any feedback i can get on these!
DAN-YT-AVATAR.png MY-YT-Banner.png

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello spektrekz and welcome to PSG.

You've done a good job on both of these. The colors in the first one are a bit bland but I understand that you may have been trying to match an already bad color scheme. It's a bit flat but again, that may have been what you were going for.

The second one is a huge improvement!

If I were to offer any opinion on this one it would be that the sections appear to be 'cut out' with edges that just stop harshly. This disrupts the flow of the composition and makes it look copied and pasted. On the next similar project, create a continuous comp and then isolate the center section with a Tilt Shift blur or the frosted effect with blended edges.

Screen Shot 2014-12-30 at 9.17.50 AM.png

Overall, a good job! PPP! (patience, practice, persistence)

Last edited:

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey Spektrekz!

These are brillo! I like them a lot, mainly because they appeal to my design style, the colour scheme is slightly off on the first maybe, it doesn't bother me too much, but I think it's the browns... unsure. there's some slight blurring on the interior of the 7 though, I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that but it's the only real qualm I have.

for the second, I probably would've had a stroke on the white text, just to make it "pop" a bit more.

other than that they're looking pretty good! nice work!