What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie @ photoshop. In need of your critical professional eyes ;)

Cleynhens Kenney

Aight,

I picked up my photo shop hobby after a long break. And started with something related to my real life experience. Now while using photoshop is a good way for me to express feelings, I also like to create images that I can keep as a memory.

This aside I would still like comments on the end result because my only goal will always be to improve in the things that I do ;) Mostly I made small things such as avatars, signatures, website designs... This actually is the first bigger picture I tried just for the challenge.

I can't say that I'm unhappy but I want to have a more general view. Anything is welcome!

Regards,
Kenney
Dissolved.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not a bad job.

The color and contrast are a bit too dark and muddled for me. The composition, what I can see of it, makes very little sense. There's too much void area around the subject. Some of the effects might be pretty cool if they were visible.

Throwing together as many special effects as you can find makes for a busy image and is common for beginners. Tone down the effects and lighten things up. You can be dark without making your images dark.

Do some research on artistic composition, especially the 'rule of thirds'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Patience, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, and Perseverance. Good luck!

I agree with everything Sam already mentioned, except that I like the colors of your creation very much.
The "rule of thirds" is is a very important part of a composite. In your case the main part of your image is too small and too much in the center.
The fringes are very distracting and not many artists use them to "improve" their images.

I hope you don't mind me altering your image, though like this I can show you much better what words never can say.
You ask for "critique" to improve your skills, though don't forget this is just my personal opinion.

Dissolved_chrisdesign.jpg

Cleynhens Kenney

Thank you both for your awesome replies!

You really do make some good points. Especially cropping the image cause I really did have allot of wasted space and without those border fringes it does look allot cleaner.

I gave it another shot making 2 versions off it, cause the all working with brighter colours is out of my comfort zone. So here we go anyway.

testing.jpgtesting ligtness- kopie.jpg

Kind regards,
Kenney

Last edited:

Cleynhens Kenney

Didn't have to much time to do anything special but I made a few smaller items for people their cellphones :D Just so I can share it with you guys, The advice beforehand was excellent want to attempt my best getting everything out off it as possible.

achtergrondgsmscreensaverICE.jpgCorruptioninspace.jpghelped.jpgReachyourdreams.jpgFog.jpg

Must say I know improvement on text is a needed go always same plain style ... I find it really difficult xD

Cleynhens Kenney

Made a few new ones :D for people that keep demanding them xD No idea why. I am 2 in that car team ;D We drive the corsa B

VAN EYKEN CROSS.jpgDario cross auto.jpgkristof mitshubishi colt.jpg

These are the original images
996568_10201780107486466_172038586_n.jpg
crosskristof.jpg
dario cross_o.jpg

Last edited:

Cleynhens Kenney

This one being used for dj that wanted to give away some free mashups as they call it xD
THEVISITOR TEST.jpg

This was the original image I took in the danceclub with my phone xD He just won the dj contest.

20150301_013639.jpg

Btw some advertisement for the guy... if its allowed nothing commercial just for likes :p He really needs the marketing awesome dj real life friend I follow him everywhere!
Checked with admin before posting;

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-V...833898?fref=ts

Soundcloud page: (free music)

https://soundcloud.com/the-visitor-official

House, Deephouse, Hardstyle anything is known to hes style.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, these are looking fantastic! You have developed a distinct grunge style that I actually like.

I love the bright and often florescent coloring. Keep up the great work!

Cleynhens Kenney

Wow, Those are big words coming from a professional such as yourself Thank you very much!

Still if you have any other remarks they are still welcome ! Thank you photoshop guru's :clap:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not a problem.

I don't have any critiques at the moment because I'm very pleased and impressed with what you have done so far.

Whatever technique your using with the cars (and all the others), keep it up mate, your doing something right! Just keep the bright colors coming! Love the contrast.

One issue with abstract images such as these, is that it's hard to figure out how they are created. If your so inclined, you could write up a tutorial on how you made them, this would certainly help any other members who would like to emulate the style.

Cleynhens Kenney

I don't really have a technique... I just use alllllooot off brushes :p I'll see if I can find the time someday to make a tutorial haha, never done anything like it before tho.

Cleynhens Kenney

eindefacebookomslag.jpg

Latest one as facebookcover/music video logo for my dj mate.

Hardly find the time but still managed :D

Cleynhens Kenney

achtergrondprobeersel.jpg

My first take on a full size desktop wallpaper

mijneacthergrond.jpg

This is how it looks like on my desktop