What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about my giraffe?

AlexandraR

Hi everybody it has been a long time since i've posted something but here it is

What do you think? any constructive critique?

Thanks

Attachments

• Girafe Snow4.jpg
    Girafe Snow4.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi and welcome back Alexandra.

I like your picture very much, because it has a dash of humor in the image composition.
Even the snow is very well made, various sizes of flakes coming down in different directions.
Immediately I noticed the details shown in the screenshot. These are probably parts of the trees in the background image. I know these are coincidences, but I would like to point them out to you.
I myself am always very glad if someone bothers to look at my composites very carefully.

Overall great work. Thanks for sharing.

Giraffe_Detail.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
Chris is right. The first thing I noticed is the poor arid desert creature is woefully cold. Iced imagery! (iced meaning from some of my favorite books, extremely cool, (no pun intended)

Just one critique. I would like to see the giraffe face, maybe some other areas, but I haven't examined them that closely, made a bit sharper. I like using filter>other>hgih pass sometimes as it is easy to control the extent of sharpening. Once you apply the grey high pass, if you are unfamiliar, go into editing and fade high pass will be a choice near the top. You can then change the blending mode, usually to overlay or soft light.

Last edited: