What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polydactyly Photomanipulation, how well did I do it?

KBHZ

Hello, I am not new around here, but this is my first post, I came here and register, then did nothing, I forgot about this and now that I do more work in PS I wll post some works :) So take this like I am new here. :p
This is one of my works, so what do you think? I wanted to make it look lke an old picture, one of those ambrotypes with deformities and such...:rolleyes: I took the pictures, actually I dont have them, but took two different shots, one with my 5 fingers hand with my thumb very separated from my index finger and another one with my index finger where it suposed to be and then I put the pictures together, added some effects and coffee stains brushes and scratches. I also did the note with a blank square made with marquee tool and scratched a little the edges and so with the text on it.polydactyly_by_kleinklang-d4rukkg.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello KBHZ and welcome to PSG.

Great job here.

Are you open to accepting critiques?

EDIT: Just read the title......................

I don't think the thumb looks right, it may be the shadow. The image is a bit too dark. I think even in the olden days they would have had better lighting to demonstrate the condition. A common practice made by all new artists is to cover mistakes with darkness.

Last edited:

KBHZ

Thank you for the feedback! well, as for the thumb's shadow, everything is on its place, the lighting is just in that direction, there are two pictures combined there taken in the same place with the same light and shadows, but you are right, the thing I see strange with the thumb is the join with the extra index finger and the join with the other ones, the picture itself has barely some edition [I didnt edit light or shadows] beside all the effects.. As for the shadow, well maybe I took the picture in a shady way or I just took the picture WRONG. Thanks for your advice :)!:perfect: