What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A christmas card with a moose (photomanipulation)

Zprite

A christmas card I made with myself on the back of a moose.
It was made really quick and dirty, so probably alot I could have done better.
The text says "merry christmas and a happy new year" in norwegian. ;)
julekort-moose.jpg

Brian Soto

I like the concept. The execution isn't all there, but the idea is hilarious. The only thing I would change is the head is too small, and the font choice isn't great. I think bevel and emboss is highly overused in general, and if not used sparingly, or properly, it cheapens the overall design.

There's a rule we learned in design school as it pertains to making design decisions in Illustrator and Photoshop: just because you can do it, doesn't necessarily mean you should. But the idea is clever enough to work on. Look forward to seeing more. Cheers.

Zprite

Hi! Thanks for the response. I agree about the head being to small, or I should have picked a cowboy with narrower shoulders ;)
I made the "card" just to have something fun to share on facebook for christmas, so I didn't care to much about the result.

I should have written it in the description, but I actually tried to make the font look as tacky as possible. :p It's the kind of style that is used on almost every christmas card here in Norway.

I got the idea while I was out driving and I passed these two road signes at the same time ;)

ridende.jpgelg.jpg

Last edited: