What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chick BeforexAfter

Tom Mann

Guru
These days, almost any manipulation of an image could find use for some purpose. However, not knowing your intent, I can't say if this particular manipulation was effective or not in terms of achieving the goal you had in mind. And, that's all that really counts.

For example, if the red color on her torso was meant to convey a gunshot, it clearly isn't effective. On the other hand, if it was meant to convey a sense of warmth, perhaps it is effective.

The same goes for the gray cast placed over the entire image. If the image is meant to be placed behind some text for an advertisement, it probably is a very good idea. However, if The image is meant to be a family snapshot, probably no one will like it. So, ... It all depends.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M

Last edited:

LemonLuuk

These days, almost any manipulation of an image could find use for some purpose. However, not knowing your intent, I can't say if this particular manipulation was effective or not in terms of achieving the goal you had in mind. And, that's all that really counts.

For example, if the red color on her torso was meant to convey a gunshot, it clearly isn't effective. On the other hand, if it was meant to convey a sense of warmth, perhaps it is effective.

The same goes for the gray cast placed over the entire image. If the image is meant to be placed behind some text for an advertisement, it probably is a very good idea. However, if The image is meant to be a family snapshot, probably no one will like it. So, ... It all depends.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M
haha lolol

Paul

Former Member
I prefer the original, the remake looks washed out and faded and almost lost if i am honest.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
haha lolol
really? this is all you have to respond with after a useful and in depth critique of your work? I'm struggling to see the joke here, really I am.

on the basis of the critique, I agree with Tom and Paul, I'm not entirely sure of what you're trying to achieve, and the image has become washed out and faded in favour of, honestly speaking, a generic photo effect. if you were following a tutorial, great, if you weren't... I would've liked to have seen perhaps a little more effort put into the all around composition of this image, then maybe the effect you've put on this would work. for instance, if she was placed in a perhaps sci fi scene of derelict buildings at sunset then the photo effect you've placed on it works, and essentially, you're building a story to the image.

if it's the one thing I can give you to take away from this, it's that the best art tells a story. A girl on a white background with a photo effect on it tells no story, and unless it's advertising for topshop, it can't really serve a purpose to the beholder.

I think in order for your design to really prevail, you need to think about what you want to achieve, the detail is lost because your direction was lost. you have the skill, you have the brain, engage it, become more creative and you will go a lot further than this. :)

That's just my angle on it, it may seem harsh, and I apologise if it is, but if you want to go further, sometimes you need to have someone pick apart the image and critique it. one of my biggest pet hates is someone saying "that's good" it gets you absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:

Cleynhens Kenney

I really like the eyes, simple but effective :eek: