What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Glass Text - Pretty Cool Effect

Pepper

So I've been seeing a lot of people trying this broken glass effect with text on youtube. So I grabbed the image of broken glass from the description and attempted it for myself. I put this image together in about 10 mins. Enjoy and please.. Let me know how I did guys. :thumbsup:
Broken Glass Text.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Pepper. You have done a great job with this effect. It will stand just fine on it's own as it is.

It doesn't read 'broken glass text' as it does 'stone text breaks glass'.

My only critique would be that you should move the subject (text) a bit closer to the foreground, move it off center or cant it slightly, which would lessen the background. Centered, the effect looks controlled and far less dramatic and chaotic.

The BG is a bit uniform. The text breaking through a glass window........

......like this......
Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 1.30.48 PM.png

.........could really assist in the illusion.

BUT.........as I said, I think what you have done is a great job and I only offer my opinions as suggestions for similar future projects.
:thumbsup:

Pepper

I think I see what you're saying. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I see what you're saying. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Here is kinda what I was talking about............

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 1.15.37 AM.png

Paul

Former Member
Hi Pepper maybe collapse or make some letters appear like they are falling over forwards or backwards just to add more effect.