What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celebrity focus

gautamz07

Power User
hey guy , had nothing much to do today , check out my small photo edit , the objective of this edit was to bring out the details in the two pictures , and then make brandley coopers images the focus of the picture , here's the image :

Before Photos ::

bradley-cooper-hgf.jpg

15197597.jpg

after ::

celebrity-focus.jpg

Just another one's of my silly edits :D

Thank you .

Gautam.

Last edited:
Got it. I think you did a great job giving the cooper photo a little bit of color to match the "sunset" filter look. I would suggest using the clone stamp tool or content-aware fill to get rid of the people in the pool (in the background) so you don't have to blur the left side of the image so much.

gautamz07

Power User
Hey thanks for the review ! btw , the blur on the left side is something really random that i came up with , just to increase the focus on bradley , but ur right about removing the people from the pool .

It is a nice composite with pleasant colors.

But at a closer look I see a few things that are worth telling you.
1. The guy is placed to much in middle of the picture. Move him more to the left. Also the blending is little too hard.
2. There's to much blur on the left side of the image. It looks unnatural.
3. The guy's hands shouldn't be cut in half, either show the hands completely or don't show them.

It's not a silly edit at all, gautam, actually quite a nice one, but maybe you should spend 5 min. more on such a composite for a better quality.

Hey thanks for the review ! btw , the blur on the left side is something really random that i came up with , just to increase the focus on bradley , but ur right about removing the people from the pool .

One of my favorite techniques when I edit family photos just for fun: Duplicate your image layer (merge if necessary to do this). Use Gaussian blur (filter>blur>Gaussian blur) to blur the new image layer. Add a layer mask. Use a regular round brush, 10% hardness, 10% opacity, and big enough to cover almost your entire image. Center the brush (make sure you're on your layer mask) and start alternating mouse clicks with left bracket on the keyboard. As your brush gets smaller and smaller, center it on the face, and see how it ends up.

gautamz07

Power User
@agent ! Wow , that technique was awesome :D
@chrisdesign ! thanks for your kind words and review ! btw , about the blur , i had the same feeling and was wondering is there something like a "brush blur" , where i can create a blur with a brush , so that the blur does't seem unnatural ? , or maybe i should just reduce the blur ! :)