What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAR-toon as usual

SEI7390

Jeez, Rat Fink.
Is that still around and I'm not aware of it or are you 100 years old like me?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used to have Rat Fink posters in my room as a kid. I remember having a few of the models as well.

Excellent work!

Awesome work lemorris. Very professional.
This forum needs stuff like this. Why don't you post all of your new images? I would be delighted.

Regards Chris.

I would like to make a suggestion.

These posters will surely be printed.
Note that the black parts should be more detailed. I have brightened them up and all the details are present on your image. Maybe it's just too dark on the downsized version for the forum?
This is intended only as a precautionary measure for the printer, though I know that you certainly have a lot of experience in designing print products.

I hope you don't mind that I show you how I meant it.
madart_21 chrisdesign .jpg

lemorris

Thanks

I should explain. these are only going on t-shirts, no prints or anything. The printer is a direct to garment guy. I send him fully layered files that he can adjust to suit his final output. I'm not calibrated to his systems. He's savvy enough to know how to tweak it to what works for him so I just let him do his thing.

If I ever get into doing prints, I will keep that in mind. Good stuff.

Also, I just realized that I'm (apparently) not the last person on earth who still blue-pencils their sketches!

Wow, these VW's flying machines are awesome.

I'm a hopeless case if I have to sketch. I admire how you can do that. And also the PS implementation is first class.

I turn them blue in PS.

It's easier to see the pen tool and render over it for me.

I have a tutorial kinda thing for how I make these....hold on.

http://www.lemorris.com/site/?p=1159

There's a thousand ways to do everything in PS so it's just how I was doing it back then. I have no clue what I do now.

That's hilarious. You "fake" the blue pencil effect. Maybe I am the only one left in the world. I still use non-photo blue pencils to sketch cartoons/graphics, then ink with an art pen before scanning into Photoshop.