What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark and Cool

Paul

Former Member
37c tis but a spring morning:rofl:

Nice composition Eggy, very moody and dark:thumbsup:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Paul
I don't know how you do it 'there under' but it is 07.30 AM and already 27°C, normally summer daytime temperatures...

Welcome back Chris![/QUOTE]

I was away on a holiday and spent 14 days on the Seychelles.

Paul

Former Member
I've seen the weather forecast for Perth today...
17°-20°C and rain.
For once I wish I could change my location.

Yeah raining as i type this reply, 7.10pm pitch black outside we need the rain mate.

Welcome back Chris nice holiday mate, any snaps?

inkpad.t

Guru
Good image... if your still open to suggestions ? Personal opinion only, i would have made an opening in the rock where the fire is so the fire can be placed in it set on screen mode, some slight outer glow, then use a mask to make it fit the whole and possibly use the warp tool to shape the fire, to add extra glow from the fire on to the rock then use another layer set to colour dodge. And try setting the brush mode to the linear dodge ( add ) , not just the layer mode, you will get a better result painting in the glow effect from the fire .

And where there is fire there are sparks from burning wood, you can use the standard soft brush in Photoshop for that, Play around with the brush pre setts , scattering, jitter, spacing and transfer, at first just use one colour to get the effect your looking for, then use l colour dynamics and use two colours.

Have a good time playing around with it.