What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Film logo

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Weeks ago I was watching TV and during a commercial break an intro with a short piece of a movie was showed. I only remember the very short intro showing a combination of the letters C and E with casted shadows on both walls.
I found it an interesting concept.
I'm not a movie fanatic and I did not found the intro so I tried to recreate it as good as I remembered. If anyone knows the intro, please let me know where to find it.

Attachments

• CE logo.jpg
    CE logo.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 5

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice work! I have seen this same logo/effect on a movie intro recently myself.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam!
If you or anybody else could remember where to find this intro, just for me to compare it with my piece...

MrToM

Guru
I recognise it, I've watched the tutorial....but I've never seen it actually 'used' anywhere...sorry.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Got it, it's Chernin Entertainement.
Compared to it my version is kind of flat and without perspective. But hey, I had only 10 seconds to see it and store it on my 'hard drive'.
I'll have to redo this.
Here is one of the original versions:

chernin-entertainment.jpg

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Very nice mate, now animate it make the letters swing from the chain or have an off side light bulb swinging:cool2:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Here's a corrected version of my flat one. Since I don't have an extended version of CS6 and no 3D possibilities I had to fashion every facet of that lettergroup, give it a gradient, put a metal sheet pattern overlay on each facet, blend those facets depending on the place ect...
Mind you, I never intended to make a copy of the original that I did not have when I started this project. Like I said in my first post, it kept bugging my when I saw the 10 seconds intro on TV and I intended to give it a try juste to put my ability to the test.
And Paul, thanks for the suggestion of making it 'move' but thats a step too far for me. One day, when my skills are better, I'll try it but now I'm concentrating on the stills.

CE logo.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent job. I think your looks better than the original, it has some lighting and proportion issues.