What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mountain Village

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I never did something like this so after gathering the next images (resized)

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

to this:

Asian Village.jpg

I feel this project is not finished yet.
Please do comment and show me the right direction...
:giggle:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Oeps, I think I went berserk on the saturation.
This shoud be better:

Asian Village 02.jpg

MrToM

Guru
On the whole I like it....you've got a good eye for 'dramatic'....:thumbsup:

You've obviously paid attention to the technical side of this....the shadow of the rock on the right on the clouds is just about spot on.....nice.

There are though just two things that bug me.....the central 'building' and the darkness.

First the darkness: Although dramatic its just a bit too dark to really appreciate all the work you've put into it. The detail in the rocks and buildings is just lost.

The second thing is that central building.....would the front really be lit by the sun?
Its obvious that this building isn't very far away from the 'viewer'. Its also obvious that the sun is considerably further away from the viewer. For the front of that building to be lit, the sun would need to be nearer to the viewer than the building itself. You've got the left hand building spot on so....??

I can see that you have a shadow on the wall from the window but I'd say that the whole wall would really be in shadow.....especially when you look at the rock it sits on....the face nearest the viewer is in shadow....stands to reason the wall would be too.

Apart from those minor things its a great piece.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
@MrToM: thank you for the observations. Yes, I should pay more attention to the direction of the light to avoid those 'mistakes' that ruin the picture.
But that's my problem, I have an idea and want to work on it immediatly. So after about two hours I came up with the first picture.
Normally I would stop working on it and look at it the next day with a fresh view.
@Steve: I did straighten the 'Pisa Tower'. Thank you for pointing me that one.

Asian Village 03.jpg

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Oh yeah......now we're talking! :thumbsup:

That looks much better....really sets off that 'beam' of light coming through the centre....nice one.

Regards.
MrToM.

Gorgeous composite Eggy...almost missed this one.
I agree with MrTom's and Steve's suggestions, great improvement now.
Very nice colors in this "early morning scene", and excellent blending of the different image parts.