What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helios' gallery

Helios

Mooooon

day-moon-resized.jpg

Not sure if this needs something else, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it for now. :)

I felt inspired when I glanced out of my window this afternoon, just after a rain shower. Lovely piles of clouds all lit up by the sun under a daytime moon. Clouds largely made up, as they moved away too fast.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VERY cool concept! I really like your choice of wing design. Great job!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yes, that's cool.
I actually envy you, this is made from scratch, I need a bunch of pictures to compose.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another fantastic painting Helen! I love the lighting. I enjoy unique perspective and dramatic lighting. Your character drawing is getting better and better...........great job!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work Helen! Love those birds.

You will have to give us a rundown or comparison on Krita after you have worked with it for awhile.

Thanks for sharing.

Helios

Finished this today - practicing face shadows (no, it's not fan art honest :p ).
I referenced a screenshot and used Krita again as I'm finding the brush selection much more versatile than with Mischief. I've always wanted to do this painty, rough style of portrait, and where Mischief is great for graphic work and line drawing in a very free scaling format, Krita is allowing me more expression in my individual strokes with its blend of mixer and textural brushes.
As for how Krita compares to PS, that's a tricky one to answer for various reasons - the main one being my old, old, buggy version of CS2, which has only a few pressure sensitive default brushes, none of which really allow this style without huge amounts of time and effort.

picard1-sm.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work Helen! I know this is Patrick Stewart but I see Jean Luc Picard!

In everything that I have read and watched on Krita makes me believe it's much more suited for digital painting. I have become accustomed to Ps and have no problems getting the brushes to function the way I wish. I would like to try Krita. Keep up the great work!