What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helios' gallery

Helios

Ok so I've been at it again with the face practice in Krita - another Star Trek one, so I guess that officially makes me some sort of massive Trekkie. :p
In all seriousness, it's mostly that it's good for screenshots - I'm currently revisiting the series on Netflix and noticed how dramatic the lighting often is, something I never spotted in the 90s on my little cathode ray tube TV.

geordie1-sm.png

Argos

Guru
I really like this last one, great work!! To say something maybe start working a little in the backgrounds too, not too much, just something that complement the magnificent work with the portraits.

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work Hellen! From one Trekkie to another, Geordi never looked so good!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work Helen! I'm not familiar with this character but she looks great. Progress.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice Helen! A great depiction of Deanna. Troi.

Helios

So I noticed the other week that Mischief doesn't seem to be supported properly anymore. :( It still works for the moment, but I wanted to find an alternative, especially as it's the only software that works properly on my Surface. So, here are couple of early attempts in Autodesk SketchBook. It's going pretty well and I'm enjoying it - better brush selection than Mischief, though without the infinite canvas. Also, it's a subscription payment model, but very cheap at GBP22 (USD30) per year. But most importantly, it is supported with touch screen and stylus in mind and works near perfectly.
So long story short, I was sad, I'm happy again, perhaps moreso than before. Have some more art. :)

eye_test1b_by_helios01-dbi7c1j.png

nightgate2-sm.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Again, excellent work Helen! I'm a huge fan of Pen & Ink and have been a practitioner for years! I love how yo u have integrated some paintwork into the trees............looks great and saves a ton of work.