What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Green Island

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris, I really like the concept of this image. The base image is spectacular and I'm wondering what the original image is in real life. The dome is appropriately sized, but I feel the trees inside are not. Seems to me that there may be more open area in the upper portion of the dome. Even taking refraction into account, the inside of the dome seems out of perspective. If you removed the dome, would the ground containing the trees be in perspective and on the same plane as with the ground of the base image?

Good point Sam, I have to check the perspective.
Thanks for the feedback..always much appreciated.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Geat work Chris. Reminds me of something I did...
By the way the base image is from the 'Burning Man' Festival in Nevada.
http://burningman.org/

But there's something that doesn't quite add, and that's the placement of the dome in regard to the circle in the middle.
The dome should be somewhere inside the green line and the middle in the crosshairs.

Burning Man.jpg

In that case the dome should be placed in the middle or made bigger. If bigger the proportions are not correct anymore.

But it is still a alien-like composite and a reminder that in the chaos of the universe, man is still orderly organized.

Burning Man Festival it is!
Thanks for the feedback Eggy...and yes your "dome" composite gave me an idea.
I started the composite in the way you show, but had just big problems to position the dome. It always looked off a bit. Sometimes you just can't win.
But I sure give it a try again and post an update.

Joko-GmbH-Garglocke-900314.jpg
This is the original "dome"image.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Now I know how you made the dome! Thank you for that.
I think I‘m gonna adjust my project now.