What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon and The Princess

Zain Khan

Banned
Hello
Please check out my new artwork of the dragon and the princess below :) And please give some comments and suggestions

the_dragon_and_its_princcess_by_zainyboykhan-d9mxgz0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
Very nicely done Zain :thumbsup:

Just wondering is that the dragons tail below the dragon? if so shouldn't it be scaly like the dragon, just a thought!

Last edited:

Zain Khan

Banned
You Caught me lol, that is where I know I messed up but I thought no one would notice it lol, You re right on that one brother :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When you say artwork, I think of painting. What was painted by you and what was not?
Or is this more of a composite?

These five components are not consistent with the rest.
Is it the Background that you made?
the_dragon_and_its_princcess.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You made the girl and the dragon?

Zain Khan

Banned
Girl has been made in Daz studio 3d by modifying a model and No Dragon was just an image, Rocks are made by me, it was for a Game Project a company had contracted me last month

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
edit: Hold on. Did you make the girl in Daz studio 3d by modifying a model? Did you make the girl?

I see many things that could use some help. The first is that Yunas wedding dress is very stiff. It should be draping down around the boulder she's standing on. Everything in the cave is glowing emerald green except Yuna. What is lighting her up? And.........her lighting seems to be only on her and not on anything else. She looks very cut and pasted.

Is the Dragon supposed to be flying? If not, he's at a very odd angle like he's stuck to the ceiling.

I like the cave, but it's missing texture.

Last edited:

Zain Khan

Banned
Thank you Sam :)
Yes Dragon is supposed to be flying but I think I messed up there, and yes you are correct I lack skills at lighting the things :(, Ill try to add texture to the cave if I can, surely
Thank you so much for the advices, I love to learn from good people :thumbsup:

gedstar

Guru
Zain

I had assumed that you had painted the whole image, my assumption turned out to be wrong, if you are going to post artwork at least specify what parts of the artwork were actually done by yourself.
Judging by your reply to my question about the Dragon you made it sound as if you painted it and forgot to finish off the tail. Turns out by your own admission "No Dragon was just an image"
And you still haven't answered Sam's question about the girl.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
@Zain Khan....

That's the (Concept Art) Yuna Wedding Dress from Final Fantasy 10 . But I doubt it's a render from DazStudio because I use DS sometimes and I haven't come across a 3d model of that outfit configuration yet.

Regardless..... you must also include mention of what source images were used in your composition. That way, we'd know what you did and whatever enhancements you attempted to attain what you created.

REFLECTIVE AMBIENT LIGHTING ..... don't forget that. Since your cave walls are of neon-ish green, it should reflect on the Dress and model. Your dragon looks 2D. Add a bit more depth to it.... don't make it too shadowy....