What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glossy Bingo Style Logo

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think you've done a fantastic job on this!

There are a few things that jumped out at me. First is this odd line in the background.
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.59.29 PM.png

These two reflections are causing the Pool balls to appear flat. This is takes away from the very nice reflections
you have made on them giving them a nice 3D appearance.
I don't think they are contrasty enough to really make a difference, and they're really not having much effect on the text.
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 5.07.52 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The BG looks much better. The original line was a bit distracting and drawing the viewers attention away from the logo.

As for the logo, are you trying to make the whole logo glossy or just the Pool balls?

The contrast of the large highlights that I pointed out are not generating a gloss effect on the overall logo.

Let me try to show you what I mean. In your Pool ball, you have a huge contrast difference between the Yellow arrow and the Red arrow.
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 5.27.40 PM.png

This is what's causing it to appear glossy.

You don't have the same contrast in the reflections of the overall logo.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another question, why are you using Pool Style balls? All bingo balls have either a B - I - N - G - O, on it with a number...............like B-21 or N-7.

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 9.55.48 PM.png

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, on thing that grabbed my attention is that the white stroke surrounding the "Lucky Local" letters is so thick that you get unintentional merges between adjacent strokes. IMHO, it would look better if the size of that white stroke was just a tiny bit less to leave some space between adjacent letters.

Tom M

Interestingly, the mono-color blue gradient background strikes me as unusual for ********-related logos and designs. They are typically filled with multi-color gradients. Yet, the design is pleasing, so I wouldn't change it, but a client might want more color in it.

Just my .02.

Paul

Former Member
It's a nice vibrant image hope the client loved it and you got paid well:thumbsup: