What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, great work Gedstar. Looks very surrealistic, love it!

For my taste the colors are just a little to saturated. Then I would add a vignette to darken the edges of the image.

Confestium

It's a great concept mate...

But for me it just looks like a load of stock images put on top of each other. Lack in blending, lighting and shadowing.

Thanks Chris for your kinds words, I see what you mean about the saturation, here another with less saturation and a slight vignette

The focus is now more on the head in the clouds.
It looks very surrealistic. BTW, I guess its not meant to look like an ordinary composite, more like a piece of art.
Again, very cool work!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have looked this over really well and I find very little to critique. I like both versions but I'm partial to the first, it seems more in line with classic surrealism. The bright energetic colors work well with the composition and the tree trunk looks great. The tree in the BG might blend better with a blur to match that of the house. On a merge visible layer, you could try using the blur tool to blend the standing girl and tree trunk edges a bit better, otherwise I think I would leave it alone.

Argos

Guru
In my opinion in this kind of images is better if it looks somehow like a paint, is think is easier to th human brain accept surrealistic images that way :rofl:

This is fast example (2m) but you can play with surrealistic colours too.

4.jpg

Of course this is a creative work from your point of view so is no rules, only suggestions XD

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I agree with Sam. It is classic surrealism.

But there's a way to bind all together by adding a layer in average blur and overlay blend.

Just a thought

example.gif