What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 6 (Attempt at photorealism + Speed Art)

screwcork

iPhone 6 made in Photoshop CC 2015.

I wanted to try something photorealistic. It's not perfect, but I spent around three hours on it and I don't really want to spend any more.

Feel free to comment.

iphone_6.png
Click for full res

Helios

Nicely done! The attention to detail is impressive.

The only comment I have is that, while I understand speed art videos aren't really for instruction, it is still useful and interesting to be able to glimpse the steps the artist is going through. However, your video is quite low res and cannot be viewed full screen, so it's hard to see what's happening a lot of the time (unless you happen to be familiar with the techniques involved, which I am not). I'd maybe just consider making your videos a bit higher quality in future.

screwcork

Hi,

Thank you for the comments.

I've recently just started recording myself working, so I'm not great at editing and stuff yet. The editing program I'm using may need replacing, and I agree that the quality could be better. But it is classified as 1080p by youtube. Did you try messing with the settings? I've looked through the video and I'm clearly able to read all the small text in full screen.

Also, are you not getting full screen option or is the quality too low to view it in full screen? I get options for both full screen and 1080p (see image)

vid.png

screwcork

EDIT:

Yeah, I see now that I can't go fullscreen within the forum. You'll need to click the youtube icon and be redirected to the original video.

MrToM

Guru
Strange...

The embedded video here on PSG declares it is 1080p....but as mentioned there is no way to view at anything other than the default embedded dimensions....

...but...

...if I open the video on YouTube, (by clicking the YT logo on the embedded video), then it declares its only 720p...

youtube_quality_MT_01.png

I assume you recorded this at 1920x1080px so its a bit of mystery as to why it cannot be viewed at those dimensions on YT.

This is as good as it gets...(On YT @ 1920x1080)...

youtube_quality_MT_02.png

So how is everyone else viewing this?

Is it just me? (As usual).

Regards.
MrToM.

screwcork

Definitely something fishy going on. Hehe!

And I have no idea what. I recoded it on my iMax at 2560 x 1440...

I think my editing app is to blame. :/

Here's my view from youtube:

vid2.png

(This turned into an interesting thread)

MrToM

Guru
...(This turned into an interesting thread)..
It already was interesting! :thumbsup:

I'll investigate further, Its more than likely just me but without someone else confirming either way its difficult to say....I assume from what Helios has said that they can now view it properly...which is why I'm thinking it must just be me.

It'll give me something to do this afternoon if nothing else.

Thanks for the further info...appreciated....and for a great video in the first place....shame I can't see it! :biglaff:

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You do fantastic work. Hopefully, with your new video editor you will create some USEFUL tutorials and get away from speedart. :thumbsup:

MrToM

Guru
Thanks guys......the plot thickens!

So....ged and Sam can both view at 1080, are on different platforms, but the quality is, well...mediocre?

Its not what I'd call pin sharp as it should be.

Did you upload at 1920x1080 or the larger dimensions you mentioned earlier?

If you upload @ 1920x1080, (in other words do the resampling yourself), then YT won't have to mess about with resizing....just more unnecessary compression.

The larger videos I've done have always been 1920x1080 in mp4 format and YT more or less keeps them that way....the less YT has to do the better.

Regards.
MrToM.