What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last creation :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey revnart, great to see you!

This composite looks great. There are a few minor lighting issues but overall, it's very well done.

Backlighting is always a nightmare and it's hard to make it look believable. The two birds at the the top of the image (yellow circle) are great! Their buddy to our right (yellow arrow) is rotated just far enough that the lighting under his left wing is off. He needs to be rotated counterclockwise so that his wing is in a better position to be catching the light from the sunset.

The two birds with the red arrows, are lit from the front, and to me, do not look like they belong in this composite. I'm not overlooking the possibility of a second light source, but nothing about the lighting of these two birds suggest this. The 'out of focus' bird on the left is a bit distracting. While it's focus is correct for the perspective, it might look better without it.

The rest of the image works. You could use the Blur Tool with a low setting on the edges of the tree to make it blend a bit better. It's edges are a bit sharp.

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 9.30.32 AM.png

revnart

Power User
Thank you :) I will make all the corrections and post a result :)

Last edited:
Excellent creation with moody atmosphere and nice colors!
I agree with what Sam already said, though in addition I would rotate the sky a little bit to the left.