What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out my Star wars movie poster

Sidney Marshell

Thank you for the help! Two months of hard work is finally finished.! Pls comment.!
If you guys look at the original image, you will never believe i have done this with it.

Return of jedi_final 15.jpgRemoving background 45.jpgRemoving backgroundeee1.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey. I think you have done an impressive job with your poster. Technically there are some lighting issues, but I really like what you did with the missing space that we discussed in the other thread.

Ok, my main problem is with the composition. Other than the unknown subject (I assume is Rey) there is absolutely nothing else about this image that reads "Star Wars". If you look at pretty much all other Star Wars Posters, you will understand what I'm talking about.

A movie poster should portray some aspect of the general story line of the movie it's portraying, I'm not sure what the significance of the background is in your poster. I simply can not draw any conclusion as to what the movie is about. About all I get is.............one jedi alone in an abandoned 21st century city.

Take a look at this site: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2011/02/7-elements-of-a-great-movie-poster-design/

I'm not trying to discourage you. I only want to be honest in my assessment. I hope you understand.

Sidney Marshell

Thank you for your honest opinion.....initially my idea was to put a man with a gun surrounded by zombies, but it was too difficult so i came up with jedi standing thr and later on i jumped into making movie poster without any basic knowledge of a movie poster .....

Sidney Marshell

Moreover, star war poster are portrait and they are difficult to do .....I had to work a lot with the background because it was taken with few people on it, so i was spending most of the time disappear them.....any other mistakes on non movie poster image Sam?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As I said before, I think you have done an awesome job with the background. I think the lighting in the second image is the best, the other two are a bit on the dark side.................no movie pun intended. The lighting on the Jedi needs to be addressed.

Now that you have mentioned the original Zombie theme for the image, I can see where this background would have been perfect! It's much more suited for an apocalyptic themed movie, you might visit the Zombie idea again.