What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photography & PS Doodling/Painting

Argos

Guru
Hi jessicayla, in my opinion the first one is too confusing, the second one i like it more, i like the idea but in this case something is not working for me, maybe is the style of painting and colours with the image of a young girl, dont blend like it should. But of course is this only my opinion and with art it can be completly wrong,

Cheers!

Rich54

Guru
I like them a lot. They have a lot of movement and energy. I'm curious how you did them. Are they mostly drawn by hand, or are you using any of the Photoshop brush dynamic settings?
I think I like the first one a bit more because there are many different kinds of textures going on. I particularly like this little area here...

155 Edit.png

I once saw an art exhibit (20 years ago, before digital photography) where the artist took large photo portraits and then drew similar kinds of forms as yours with pen & ink directly onto the photo print over the skin, emphasising the contours of the face, arms, etc. with these kinds of shapes. Your work reminds me a bit of that exhibit.

Last edited:

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
Hi jessicayla, in my opinion the first one is too confusing, the second one i like it more, i like the idea but in this case something is not working for me, maybe is the style of painting and colours with the image of a young girl, dont blend like it should. But of course is this only my opinion and with art it can be completly wrong,

Cheers!

Hey, definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea! I see what you mean about the colors and I thank you for your honest feedback!

I like them a lot. They have a lot of movement and energy. I'm curious how you did them. Are they mostly drawn by hand, or are you using any of the Photoshop brush dynamic settings?
I think I like the first one a bit more because there are many different kinds of textures going on. I particularly like this little area here...

View attachment 65228

I once saw an art exhibit (20 years ago, before digital photography) where the artist took large photo portraits and then drew similar kinds of forms as yours with pen & ink directly onto the photo print over the skin, emphasising the contours of the face, arms, etc. with these kinds of shapes. Your work reminds me a bit of that exhibit.

I used a Wacom tablet and drew all the lines myself with a great brush that I downloaded from Kyle Webster called Sexy Sumi-E. It's really dynamic with the tablet so you can get a wide range of differences in widths just from the pressure used with the stylus. Funny you say that's your favorite part because that's mine as well! I absolutely love combining mediums, I always have. So combining photos with digital painting is something I really want to get in to and improve on as I love how it looks.

That's really cool about the art exhibit! I would love to see more pieces like this but I guess I'm not sure what to search for. Thanks for your feedback and I'm so glad you like them.