What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Behance Portfolio

ElizabethM

Not so sure if this is the right place to post this but I figured since it showcases my designs, it might be?

I managed to set up my Behance page recently and I just wanted to take a moment to invite everybody to come check it out! --> https://www.behance.net/lovelyelizabeth
On top of that I made a bunch of social networks to promote my work so I really hope everything in total will help in getting my name spread around for some freelance work.

Though coming from your own opinions, what do you guys think is one of the best ways and tricks to getting into freelancing as a designer and a retoucher? :)

Hope you like my designs!

Your portfolio looks great, keep on building it and diversify.

Elizabeth said:
Though coming from your own opinions, what do you guys think is one of the best ways and tricks to getting into freelancing as a designer and a retoucher?
This subject has been talked about so many times in the past that I need to set up some links to those threads.

Here's my advise.
Go to school if possible.
Internet work is a headache and will never pay well enough to leave your day job.
Promote yourself on the local market. Once you have a few jobs and you prove yourself, word of mouth will keep you very busy.
Don't limit yourself to Photoshop. Learn Adobe Illustrator. I need to take my own advice because I turn down many logo jobs because I'm not familiar with Ai. I'm also faced with opportunities with a local production company that would require I learn After Effects or Cinema 4D.

Your portfolio looks great, keep on building it and diversify.

This subject has been talked about so many times in the past that I need to set up some links to those threads.

Here's my advise.
Go to school if possible.
Internet work is a headache and will never pay well enough to leave your day job.
Promote yourself on the local market. Once you have a few jobs and you prove yourself, word of mouth will keep you very busy.
Don't limit yourself to Photoshop. Learn Adobe Illustrator. I need to take my own advice because I turn down many logo jobs because I'm not familiar with Ai. I'm also faced with opportunities with a local production company that would require I learn After Effects or Cinema 4D.

Thank you Sam, I appreciate the advise! :)
When you say go to school, you mean study to get a graphic design certificate right? Even for retouching?

Internet work has proven to be a headache and my local market is certainly a bit limited. But I had this idea where I would maybe write to a couple of companies and see if they were be interested in hiring me as an intern to learn the ropes and field. Would that be a good place to start?

Definitely planning on learning Illustrator. I've heard how that is your next best friend to Photoshop. Hmm, yes that's a reoccuring question I've been having recently. Finding internet jobs is so tricky to get one person to trust you. I've managed to get one job in my local market but not much has come from that except people seeing my work and complimenting it. Which yes is a start but you know, how long for that start to produce more and what can I do to push myself there... I can create websites and business cards for myself, but how to get my name OUT THERE. Maybe throwing my contact details out of a really tall building.... Haha

Also thank you again chrisdesign! Interesting is a good word in my books so yay! :D

Back