What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Markie Jordan-Madden

I'm guessing the hummingbird migration has begun, because I had 7 birds at one time fighting over my feeder yesterday! I just wanted to show these pictures, which by the way, are SOOC. I use a Canon Powershot SX400IS. I love these little birds! These were taken on Low Light setting, since that's the only setting where I get a faster shutter. Not that I plan on messing with these any, but if I were, what are your suggestions to improve these?

Hummingbird Dance.JPG

Hummingbird on Feeder.jpg

hummingbird posing.jpg

There are always fun ways to play with your photos in Ps.

Experiment a little.

Attachments

• hummingbird%20posing.jpg
    hummingbird%20posing.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 52

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe just bring out some brighter (unnatural) colors and tone down the BG with a blur.
HummingbirdPosing_01.jpg

Markie Jordan-Madden

I'm trying, in vain, to capture what must be the high-ranking male. He's got a bright red throat, and he likes to hang out on my horse's hot wire fence (of course, since he's not grounded, it won't hurt him), but every time I get the camera out, he either flies away or the camera's auto focus picks up the ground rather than him! Grr...I need to find out if my camera has an off switch for the auto focus!

hummingbird at feeder.jpg

Markie Jordan-Madden

They are so pretty, and I'm glad to have a camera now that will capture some pictures of them. I've found if I put it into the Low Light setting, it snaps the shutter faster, and I can just hold down the button and it will snap repeated pics until I let go. Then I can go through those pics and remove all the blurry ones. It's how I've been catching these quick little birds!