What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steampunk Sewing Machine Vehicle

Eggy

Retired Moderator
:clap:
Wow, that is a very nice composite in your 'steampunk' style Chris.

Maybe its just me but I would prefer a bit harder shadow but lesser dark...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Extremely nice Chris! I love the sewing machine, it's one of your best pieces yet! But it's not blending well with the BG, it looks like it's not in contact with the desktop.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's why a harder shadow will give the impression of 'touching ground'...

Thanks guys for your comments and for the suggestions.
I fully agree about the "soft shadow". I'll add a harder one and post an update soon.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Its better know, like with the feet on the ground but if the light comes from the top right the shadow should shift towards the top left...I think.

Hope you don't mind Chris

shadows.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
A Photoshop composite done with my own images of old sewing machines, and a few parts found with google.

View attachment 67636

View attachment 67637

I'm open for your critique and suggestions.

You're putting the Singer Company to shame with a design thats better than what theyve come up.... LOL.

Maybe use the brightness of the original table surface and retaining the drawer knob reflections?

Eggy
Wow...your shadow is just perfect! Thanks for showing me.
dv8_fx
Thanks for your kind words and your observations. I have to get those lost doorknobs back immediately.

I was about to reply something like this, but you nailed it there, now it really looks like it is in contact with the table. The model itself is really well done, IMHO.

Once again you knocked this out of the park. My only suggestion would be to have the car be reflected in the table.

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your feedback and your suggestion. I appreciate it.
I thought about the reflection, which is a great idea, but I spent too many hours already on this image. I'll leave it as it is for the moment.