What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ice-cream Illustration

Confestium

Hey fello gurus..

Not posted in a while, been busy with life in general but I will like to share my ice-cream illustration I recently made.

I used Ai CS6 for this and as always, used grid and circular construction to create this piece.

Let me know what you think...

Icecreamconstruct.png

Icecream.png

Mannos

That's a really nice illustration! And thanks for giving insight on how you made it :)

I wish I could use illustrator!

Confestium

That's a really nice illustration! And thanks for giving insight on how you made it :)

I wish I could use illustrator!

So much easier than Ps mate.

If you have any questions regarding Ai, just post away and I will do my best to help you out.

Cheers.

Mannos

So much easier than Ps mate.

If you have any questions regarding Ai, just post away and I will do my best to help you out.

Cheers.

I appreciate that, thanks.
What I think I need is a good reference, and a project to work on using it.
maybe I could find a "battle of the illustrator newbies" competition somewhere.
that'd encourage the little competitive monster in me :D

Confestium

I appreciate that, thanks.
What I think I need is a good reference, and a project to work on using it.
maybe I could find a "battle of the illustrator newbies" competition somewhere.
that'd encourage the little competitive monster in me :D

Maybe create a basic logo out of simple shapes?

Maybe the admins or mods reading this could set up something of this nature?

Do you know anything about the golden ratio?

Mannos

I know of it, and had tried using some of it's principles but I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to implementing it. is it something you use in your works?

This is an excellent illustration! Perfectly executed.

Suggestions: Because the light source is on the top left, I would remove the one reflection on the pink ice cream.
Also I can't see any reason for that small half circle in the shadow.

Confestium

This is an excellent illustration! Perfectly executed.

Suggestions: Because the light source is on the top left, I would remove the one reflection on the pink ice cream.
Also I can't see any reason for that small half circle in the shadow.

Ahh thanks for your comment. I see what you mean with the reflection, does seem out of place now you mentioned it. The circle on the cone was just a dimple in the cone lol.
Mannos

In most logos I try to implement the golden ratio but in some cases its not possible. I done some research on the Apple logo and the use of the golden ratio but it is apparent it wasnt the case so I decided to do a mock version of the iconic logo using the theory which came out very well but does look slightly different. Might upload it later for you to look over.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have a very nit picky observation that is so insignificant I was not going to mention it. But the more I stare at the logo, the more it bothers me, so I'm only mentioning it for your consideration since I may be the only one bothered by it.

It's this one small shadow that suggests to me that the ice cream scoops are hovering.
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 10.19.13 AM.png

By making this small adjustment, (for me) it now appears like the ice cream scoops are actually on the cone itself.
Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 10.19.46 AM.png

As I said nit picky...............please ignore if this is not a concern.

Confestium

IamSam

I am always up for critique no matter how small. Its nice to have constructive comments rather than "cool" "good stuff" "9/10" lol.