What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past Meets Present

Jerry D

Power User
I used to work in Fort Worth in the aerospace industry, and I have a little native american blood.
That's why I was goofing around with this..

past meets present.jpg

I used these..

AH-1Z Viper-a.jpg

big-little-a.jpg

flaghorn.jpg

Flags-a.jpg

Fort-Worth-Flag-a.jpg

native-american-indian-a.jpg

All comments and critiques are welcome.

fredfish

Guru
A really good composite Jerry - it tells a story - your story by the sounds of it.

A minor observation - you have clearly worked on adding the contact shadows but I am not totally convinced by them. For me the main light source is from the back of the picture (IE shining from outside into the hanger) yet your shadows go back from the subject - for me they should be coming the other way (into the screen). I appreciate the problem with this in as much that the 2 Native Americans are front lit and not back lit. As I said minor issues - I like the color matching that you have clearly done - the flags work well - I had to play a little "Hunt the steers head" :) as I couldn't see it to begin with.

As I said great job.

Cheers

John

Jerry D

Power User
fredfish

Thanks for the comments! I know the shadows aren't exactly right, that's a problem for me.
But the view is through the hanger, open on both sides. I guess it was cloudy on one side,
sunny on the other! Could happen, right? :rolleyes:

fredfish

Guru
Absolutely it could happen (I was being hyper picky! :)).

Cheers

John