What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splash water critique/advice

Mannos

Hey guys

I don't really do much Photoshopping much anymore, but yesterday a mate suggested (jokingly) that I photoshop a monster or something into one of my photos, so I spent a couple of hours on it and came up with this.

I think it looks alright, but any advice on making it look more real, or making the 'splashing' look any better would be great :D

DSCF6482.png

Be brutal, but gently :)

Thanks

Argos

Guru
Hi Mannos, for me the star wars machine is just perfectly blended, nice job(maybe some wet texture in the legs if you want to be extra picky XD). The water splash needs some work, the waves only goes in one direction and are to big for a calm wave(i dont know how to said it in enligsh XD), they finish to abruply, too bright and need some perspective and ilumination work.

My advice is to start again with the splash trying diferent splash and water movement pictures.

Cheers!

Mannos

The water was the bit I was 'Worried' about. thanks for the advice. I may look into some tutorials when I go back to it :)

Thanks for the advice :)

Mannos

Ok, second attempt :D

haven't done a huge amount, but decided to make it a little wetter

Again, any and all advice/criticism is welcome, it still doesn't look perfect, but can't figure out why. plus I'd like to have a small canvas of this, and want it to be as good as I can get it :)
atatrain.png