What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My latest creation

Steve235

Hi, I'm new here... these are my latest creations. I'm still learning, so hope people can give me some advice to improve my skills or make things look better or more natural :)

First one is some ghost comming out of a mirror.
The guy with the icecream in the source pictures is a friend of mine and he gave permission to use his head, other pictures are just random picked from the internet.

The second one is inspired by Hellraiser. Used some Hellraiser and Evil Dead pictures to create the head and body. The background is a random wallpaper I found on the internet, only added some modifications to color and contrast etc.

Attachments

• Dennismirror.jpg
    Dennismirror.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • Dennismirrorbronnen1.jpg
    Dennismirrorbronnen1.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Hellraiserwijnand.jpg
    Hellraiserwijnand.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work. I really don't have many critiques. I like the use of color and contrast. Most of the blending looks great with a few exceptions that are not worth a mention. I like the concept of the first comp and the fact that it also employs a OOB effect as well. I get the barbed wire, but it's a bit confusing and not as convincing as some of the other effects. I'm not liking the blood on the fingertips but I'm not sure why, it's not the color but it looks more like paint, it's too uniform. Hard to explain.

The second comp is well done but fairly ordinary. I really like how you approached the background. The subject looks a little more pasted in and the selection on the chains coming off the left arm need some work. He's lacking the "wet" look that you would expect him to have given the heavy rainfall depicted in the BG. He would have drop splashing on his head and shoulders.

All in all you've done a great job! Keep it up!

Steve235

Thanks for taking time to give me some pointers and the compliment ofcourse! :)
To be honest I didn't even see the rain in the backgound, so you have a good point there... I'll try to adjust that.
I also get your point on the bloody fingertips, I painted it with a brush, then added the drips from a picture.. I'll see if I can make it look less as paint

Steve235

..., just a thought but maybe add some light on the wall behind the candles

Yeah, it does add a nice touch to it. Still have alot to learn about details and finishing touches (among other things ;-) !