What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice work. I think everything looks great but there's no smoke pouring out the windows/building.

Another great composite Argos. Very dramatic to look at, and all parts are very well put together.
I agree with Sam, it would enhance the dangerous atmosphere to see drifting smoke clouds in the night sky.

Argos

Guru
Thanks guy's, i tried the black smoke on windows while doing it, but i have to practice more, hard to put it there without looking very fake or too much.

Pipsmom

Guru
I know virtually nothing about composites but I do know Fire procedures from years of working in fire & emergency services....That said some suggestions for realism would be.......no electricity will be on as that is cut before the fire departments have it cut off for the entire block for their safety before they start with water, so the hotel sign and street lights would be off. The fire engine wouldn't be that close to the source of the blaze as 1000 plus degree temperatures would melt the hoses and possiable blow up the engine that's trying to put out the blaze.....also the water hydrant even if close wouldn't be used this close for the extra water needed to put out the flames...so you may like to move the engine further back .......And as mentioned bellowing black smoke pouring out of every port
This is a good one.... really looking forward to seeing the final picture...

Argos

Guru
You can highlight a little more the fire of the first window.

Yeah you're right it's a little bit off compared with the others, thanks!

I know virtually nothing about composites but I do know Fire procedures from years of working in fire & emergency services....That said some suggestions for realism would be.......no electricity will be on as that is cut before the fire departments have it cut off for the entire block for their safety before they start with water, so the hotel sign and street lights would be off. The fire engine wouldn't be that close to the source of the blaze as 1000 plus degree temperatures would melt the hoses and possiable blow up the engine that's trying to put out the blaze.....also the water hydrant even if close wouldn't be used this close for the extra water needed to put out the flames...so you may like to move the engine further back .......And as mentioned bellowing black smoke pouring out of every port
This is a good one.... really looking forward to seeing the final picture...

Thanks a lot pipsmon! Thought i always try to go for realism i also look a little bit for the composition (visual impact). At first i want to do it with real fire, for what i see in picture it's more a little wave on top of the windows i supose because of the wind, but it would be a insane tedious work, so i went for the explosion XD. The lights i dont think it's a problem removing them, thanks! I will pratice with the black smoke!

Cheers!

Pipsmom

Guru
Add some fire to the canopy too, it would be on fire for sure from the explosion of fire your trying to show ...I 'll shut up now, LOL..... what ever you design will be great Im sure

Argos

Guru
Add some fire to the canopy too, it would be on fire for sure from the explosion of fire your trying to show ...I 'll shut up now, LOL..... what ever you design will be great Im sure

You don't need to shut up.. all ideas and opinions are welcome and aprecciated XD, I tried aswell some kind of fire pool on the top of the canopy but i dind't like how it looks..too much fire in a little space i think. Or maybe i didn't it right.

The_Deserter

Everything is really put well, maybe you could some explosion to make it more realistic or maybe adding injured people?:naughty:

Argos

Guru
Everything is really put well, maybe you could some explosion to make it more realistic or maybe adding injured people?:naughty:

I think you missed one word in the first sentence about the explosion, Injured people is not a bad idea but then have to put the parademics or assitence of some kind and for the composition maybe will be too much or chaotic? Well i was doing it i tried to put a group of policeman and give me that impression.

Thanks for comment!

Cheers!

SepiaPhotographi

Pretty realistic looking... I would have not even known it was an actual composite.

Argos

Guru
Thanks mott1990 ! it was done in one day, but almost the entire day i dont know exactly how many hours, between 6-8h more or less, of course that includes working on the idea and searching the apropiate images.

Cheers!