What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Posting Of Work.

SepiaPhotographi

Hi guys. My experience with photo manipulation was with Corel's Paint Shop Pro x7. This particular image I've shared was my first attempt using Photoshop CC. It was a lot of work for me, but I think I did a pretty good job, considering I was still learning all the tools and what they do. Such a world of difference from PSP. Very frustrating learning PS and not be tempted to go back to PSP to do something easier.... LOLOL

LeafManFinal.jpg

Argos

Guru
Nice work! it's always painful starting to know a new program and the good/bad thing is that with ps never really ends :biglaff:

A good practice to improve your work would be trying to erase the water mark on his face.

Cheers!

SepiaPhotographi

Nice work! it's always painful starting to know a new program and the good/bad thing is that with ps never really ends :biglaff:

A good practice to improve your work would be trying to erase the water mark on his face.

Cheers!

Yeah, almost too painful to bear at times. But after seeing all the wonderful work here, I'm not going to complain any longer... LOLOLOL I practice a lot be restoring rips in photographs. Sometimes if they're not too bad, I can actually put them together..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work. Your blending is great. I like the concept.

As Argos stated, the watermark is a bit distracting. The other things that I noticed is that the leaf appears flat. It needs stronger shading and highlighting to add more depth. The highlights are reversed from the face to the chest. The green on the lips look s painted in.........maybe change the blending mode to restore some of the lips texture.

All in all, nice work!

SepiaPhotographi

Nice work. Your blending is great. I like the concept.

As Argos stated, the watermark is a bit distracting. The other things that I noticed is that the leaf appears flat. It needs stronger shading and highlighting to add more depth. The highlights are reversed from the face to the chest. The green on the lips look s painted in.........maybe change the blending mode to restore some of the lips texture.

All in all, nice work!

I understand that there are people who are anti-watermark, however, when I occasionally visit stock photo sites, watermarks don't prevent me from purchasing those photos, so I don't understand why it is distracting to some. It is only distracting to those who allow it to be. Some of us are sensitive/proud about the work we do, and want to brand it. You hardly can be sure these days as to whether an image is actually owned by the sender, because people either misuse or misunderstand fair use.

In terms of the "flatness" of the leaf. I did think of that, but because he is a leaf, I decided that in this case the flatness was appropriate. The other thing was, because of how the photo as taken, I wasn't sure how to go any further without him looking overly processed. But the bottom line is, I was satisfied with my result.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I understand that there are people who are anti-watermark, however, when I occasionally visit stock photo sites, watermarks don't prevent me from purchasing those photos, so I don't understand why it is distracting to some. It is only distracting to those who allow it to be.
I allow it. It's distracting and it serves no real purpose as it can easily be removed. But if it makes you feel better then I absolutely have no problem with it.

For demonstration purposes, I will show what can easily be done in less than 10 minutes work with a few minor changes.....
LeafManNew_01.jpg

SepiaPhotographi said:
Some of us are sensitive/proud about the work we do, and want to brand it.
Aren't we all? As I said, I see no problem with branding

SepiaPhotographi said:
But the bottom line is, I was satisfied with my result.
This is all that matters.

But if someone is closed off to suggestions, they can never get better. I can assure you I will hold my peace from now on.

Azulnauta

Saw your post on the questions section and came looking for your works. This one is very interesting, did you also made the face you use as avatar?

Keep showing your work :)