What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida state forest animals

Nice, the first thing i notice is the selection on the leopard could be better, the leopard have too much light and focus compared with the background and you can mask a little the leopard paws to make the effect he's treading it.

Cheers!

One Newy to another and a few general gentle tips to consider
When you choose a image to copy off the Internet make sure you notice the direction of light as it need to match the background. The source of the Sun in the background layer is on the right, but the cat is highlighted from underneath and from the left....It doesn't match up and makes it obvious......and anything with the Sun upon it cases a shadow, you have to make that yourself.....
You will learn how to adjust and manipulate light but for now just be careful and find a good quality one. Also the cat is too light in color......correct the tone with a hue/saturation layer. Watch heaps of you tube videos that explain how to do this.
Take your time masking the cat and leave no edges bright as it will show up against a dark background.
And once inserted in the picture make sure the feet are blended in the grass and not levitating above it....make it life like.
Glad to see you trying and your certainly in the right place to learn to do everything I mentioned here...these guys here always have the answer to all our problems we Newby are trying to learn to do.
Looking forward to seeing your next project real soon :cheesygrin:

I really can't add much more to what's already been said.

But for a quick tip, one way you can spot the direction of the light source in an image like this is by the tree trunks.

These trunks in the tall tree and the palm tree show where the suns position is in the sky.
Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 2.53.18 PM.png

Back