What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going Fishing with my Dad

You made a very nice composite Pipsmom.

Though I have a few suggestions that might help to make this image a bit more interesting.

1. I would leave the 3:2 dimensions and just crop the image on the left side. (The right side is the more interesting part of the image).
2. Let the boy and the father walk into the road, not out of the road.
3. Add a vignette.

Desaturation is a nice touch in your work, but I would not use this filter here. ( but I'm not a fan of filters anyway).

I hope you don't mind me showing how I would do it.

RESIZED path_in_forest chrisdesign.jpg

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Great idea and feel.

I agree with @chrisdesign about the cropping. Have you come across the rule of thirds? If not have a look at this https://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds/

If you have a look at the image @chrisdesign posted it more or less complies with the rule of thirds and as a result is slightly more pleasing on the eye.

However I quite like the de-saturation that you used :) - just goes to show that we all have different ideas (and thank goodness that we do!).

I bet you enjoyed doing this one.

Cheers

John

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Nice! I agree with the commented and as personal opinion i dont think is a good idea to use the filter "added borders" i dont know if its called this way in english XD, is not a good filter with so many vegetation and details, too caotic.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
I really appreciate everyone's advice and the composite Chrisdesign made to illustrate....I take on board everything you guys have taught me like a sponge and just a achievement in itself I did this as it was a first out of my head project.
My idea was to desat a bit so it looked like olden days when I was growing up and not modern...guess I will have to learn some more from you all on how to implement that old remennicing feeling...hint hint :cool2:
Yes, I use the rule of third's on portraits but just went a feeling this time around and cropped out the dark left when it felt just about right but failed to notice my thirds were off then...
Thank you everyone

fredfish

Guru
I suspected you had heard of the rule of thirds - but I don't like to assume :)

Cheers

John