What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running for your life

Argos

Guru
Nice improvement on working on the light, still missing shadows and if you notice the background you used is a little out of focus so you have to blur all you implement aswell.

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, great improvement on matching the light source of the back ground to the added objects. Good job!

As Argos mentioned, the background is to much out of focus. The sharper focused objects really stand out against the out of focus background and look pasted on.

Your having some major problems with blending. The tent, fire, backpack and bear are all poorly blended with the ground. The runner looks pretty good.

I think before you make any further attempts, you should allow us to help you with blending techniques. What would really help us in helping you would be for you to post or link us to your PSD file for this composite. We can then move to a new thread and our members can show you how to blend the added objects to backgrounds.

Pipsmom

Guru
Free tutorial lessons Msanez, you hear that!.....:giggle:
Take up IamSams's offer fast, it don't get any better than that and what you will gain will set you up to learn every faster and you'll make even more awesome pictures faster

Argos

Guru
I was bored so i made a fast try on all the commented, i'm not good on making tutorials but i can give you the psd in spanish too XD, but it's better if you wait for the tutorials of this people, they are awesome doing it and nothing like a a good tutorial to learn step by step.

atardecer en el arenal2.jpg

Cheers!

Pipsmom

Guru
I cant get the file to open in PS from drop box, what am I doing wrong? they usually open for me directly...Hate Monday mornings when everything goes wrong

Pipsmom

Guru
Yeah thats what I've done numerous times and it only opens as a uneditable picture in PS

Pipsmom

Guru
Hopefully my bad luck has passed now and I can get this posted.
My attempt...........
First Jpeg final results and pdf file to follow on drop box

Altered atardecer en el arenal (5).jpg

Drop box file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iagshnedzd3ea5g/Altered atardecer en el arenal (5).psd?dl=0

I didn't have to do much all it really needed was select and mask, feathering and brush to get rid of sharp edges and marry the soil to the subject. I took screen shots as I went so the my words don't get lost in translation to Spanish.
First I turned off the eye ball to each layer and got down to the First Background background layer you marked as layer 0
Then I duplicated that layer and then sharpening to the back ground only
Turned on layer 1
Used the Quick Select and outlined the subject which was the tent, then pressing Select and Mask at the top I brought it in and using the two buttons at the top + - I fine tuned the image brushing in mask in red so nothing was left but the tent itself, making sure I feathered the image at 1.6 so I had no sharpe looking edges. Press ok
Back in PS I deselected the marching ants around the tent then pressed CMD T which allowed me to move the tent around, then right click within the box you can scale, warp, distort etc.......Using the warp I dragged the corners down just a bit till it looked natural, then pressed the check mark at the top when I was satisfied.

1 warp.png
Now to merge ground with subject......To that layer apply the mask, which is the third icon at the bottom ( white square with a black hole in it). This bring up a box where you will mask out what you dont want and fine tune the merge. Click on that empty box, Press B for brush (use a soft brush ) Press D for default color of Black and white.
Lower your opacity of the image down till you can see through it and using the brush use black to bring up the grasses and sand around the bottom of the tent, if you make a mistake switch to white and it will bring it back to start over. Go around any sharpe edges with black lightly to rid any sharpe edges showing.

lowered opacity

Lowe opacity to see thru 2.png

Painted in black on the mask only

3.png

Bring back the opacity up after your done for final view and continue brushing if you see anything you dont like.

Turn on the next eye ball to the next layer as you progress up

Part two to follow next

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
Select and Mask screen you will see

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_3.jpg

7 S&M some sand.png

Sol Casa- the light....used select and mask to erase the part that spilled over into the foilage

Bear did the same steps lowered opacity down to 83%

Cps de arena I deleted for this reason

6 reason I deleted capa de arena .png

Hope this helps you see how to select and mask to merge your images to the ground.....Not the only way just the way I do it

Last edited: