What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fredfish

Guru
Great Montage Chris and brilliantly executed. I really like the feeling of a portal.

:thumbsup:

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Superb composite Chris! :thumbsup:

Great 'stitching' work on the two ships. Very convincing.

Just a minor observation: shouldn't the sun be more on the left side by the way the shadows are casted on the couple?

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback Lambert, I really appreciate it.
Of course you're right, I agree that I should move the sun. :redface:

Argos

Guru
Really cool composite!

The light on them seems to me to come from a beach bar or something like that more than the sun i dont know if will move it.

What i maybe i would change is the circle inside the portal, make it night aswell excluding the old ship.

Cheers!

Really cool composite!

The light on them seems to me to come from a beach bar or something like that more than the sun i dont know if will move it.

What i maybe i would change is the circle inside the portal, make it night aswell excluding the old ship.

Cheers!

Thanks Argos, I appreciate your comment and suggestion very much.

I spent a long time in the internet to look at dozens of different 'portals', before i designed my own one.
I think the transition has to be a 'white glare' in this image, otherwise it just looks to dull, and not convincing.

mitchell B

wowwwwww
the transistion of the ship is amazing
the way the colors match between the ship plain and car.... i realy like that

for me personaly the right side is a bit to crowded

but technicaly ... amazing

mitchell B

Thank you mitchell for your positiv feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

i noticed one more thing
on the inside of your portal, between the top of your ship and the edge of your portal:
you basicly look in to the left side of your picture
so the sky should be either the stars of the left side or a transistion form one to the other
or one thats different from either left and right (if you want to give the portal its own "energy")

but cant help looking at it, its an inspirational creation....... woul like to do my own variation on the subject one day

The portal as I designed it is a round glaring white surface of a specific thickness, a 'energy field' that you have to penetrate to reach the other 'time zone'.
Before you make the crucial step through the portal it is the year 2017, a night scene with starlight sky. When you step out on the other side you'll be in the year 2057, a daylight scene of this time zone.
In a single step you are able to travel 40 years. As I imagine it, it would be a very swift transition of the ship material from night to day. And reaching the day scene you wouldn't expect to see stars.

A time portal is a complex 'thing' nobody has ever experienced with his own eyes. So there is a lot of room for personal interpretation of how it would present itself visually.

In any case i really look forward to see your own variation of this interesting and 'unknown' subject.