What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all feedback or critiques are welcome

mitchell B

hi there i'm mitchell 42 years, dutch and new to this forum

i am a self -taught photoshopper (mainly written and you tube tutorials) since 2002
i often lack inspiration so there often are periods of 6,7,8,9, month that i dont do anything
i dont have "photoshopping" friends so i dont get any real feedback on my skill level

i only recently started to pay more attention to lighting and perspective.
i also started working with the 3d side of photoshops a week ago

i use a lot of brushes and have a weak spot for surreal, abstract and spiritual subjects
i am open for any form of critics be it composition, light or whatever ..

so these are the parts i used ( i include the preview version of the paid stock photo, some pictures are reduced in resolution due to the upload limit)
woestijn.jpgsky.jpgbosweg 2.JPG322572-2880x1620.jpgold_dirt_wall_2_20120518_2006252035.jpgunivers.jpgsuper nova.jpg40262072-front-and-back-view-of-arabic-business-man-in-blue-shirt-isolated-on-white-background-S.jpg

i renderd the cubes myself with photoshop, which took me a whole day learning experimenting etc etc
ad a few brushes and this is the result :

the orb.jpg

dont be shy with your comment ....

greetz
mitch

Chipyluna

Love it, I want him to walk through. I love stuff like this, it reminds me of my surreal imagination! Look forward to seeing more of these:)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Mitch, welcome to PSG.

I really like the concept and it is very well executed. There are some compositional choices that I don't agree with, but I will keep those to myself. I don't like being the only member who's willing to offer genuine constructive criticism.

mitchell B

Hey Mitch, welcome to PSG.

I really like the concept and it is very well executed. There are some compositional choices that I don't agree with, but I will keep those to myself. I don't like being the only member who's willing to offer genuine constructive criticism.

thanks
and i respect your choice, but the reason i posted it is to get criticism, but again i respect your choice

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will shoot you a PM with my suggestions.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very clever concept and well executed.

I like it.

But (and now its coming...) the shadow of the man isn't good at all.
The light source is low so the shadow should be long and the shadow of the legs should run parallel towards the viewer.
The shadow should be somewhat sharp close to the man and then starting to get blurry.
As far as I can see you didn't apply a blend mode on the shadow.
The blend mode makes it possible to see the texture of the ground.

I would also placed the scene in the center of the composite.

There are more debatable minor things but I can say you're on the right path...:thumbsup:

mitchell B

i did some fast quik actions with your advice
tha shadow adjusment of the man got lost with the camera raw filter adjustment
but anyway it became this

the orb exp.jpg

Very nice composite mitchell with a gripping atmosphere.

As another member suggested, you need to improve the shadows.
Also the wooden beams in the foreground and the ice cubes are supposed to cast a shadow.

Argos

Guru
Interesting composite!
To me its a hard image because i'm not sure where all that light on the ground came exactly, the cubes? the portal contour? the sky?

- If the light came from cubes or portal contour then you have to make multiples shadow on the guy.
- The ligh in the hole is wrong.with either ilumination commented before.
- Being a sandy ground the hole lines are too perfect and looks weird.

Cheers!

mitchell B

Interesting composite!
To me its a hard image because i'm not sure where all that light on the ground came exactly, the cubes? the portal contour? the sky?

- If the light came from cubes or portal contour then you have to make multiples shadow on the guy.
- The ligh in the hole is wrong.with either ilumination commented before.
- Being a sandy ground the hole lines are too perfect and looks weird.

Cheers!

damnnn your right those strait hol lines
damn it so easy to fix .......

thanks
liking the feedback !!

mitchell B

Very nice composite mitchell with a gripping atmosphere.

As another member suggested, you need to improve the shadows.
Also the wooden beams in the foreground and the ice cubes are supposed to cast a shadow.

yeah those glass cubes
never even thought abouth there shadows

thanks !!!!