What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are the levels of members on PSG

Hoogle

Guru
Just wondering as i have seen a few posts with diferent levels of members from noobie to senior member and then guru so was wondering if anyone can post the benchmarks just out of curiosity really. I am pleased to see I have been promoted very quickly and only been a member for a day and no longer counted as a noobie or junior member what does it take to become a guru not saying I am but would like to know what people have put into this site to reach that status is it based on posts etc or voting of good posts/ thankyou or is there challenges set to see if you can achieve particular results. Thanks for your time

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
It's based on Post count. Each time you reach a milestone, you get another title.

I am a Guru, that doesn't mean that I'm an expert in photoshop, it just means that I'm here for the long haul.

Steve

Retired Administrator
It just has to do with post count.

A high enough post count you're a Guru.
The thing is if you're making irrelevant and nonsensical posts you'll be around here long enough to get a high post count.
The staff here will cull you out.
So the guys with the high post counts are usually the very knowledgeable and helpful members.

Hoogle

Guru
well lets just hope I have good knowledgeable posts then I am trying you never know in 5 years I may become a guru lol

Hoogle

Guru
I appreciate it just dont want to end up stepping on peoples toes, this is just a side hobby for me I have not had all the professional training like some of you guys but I have learnt easier ways of doing things and more cheat steps if you like but I think photoshop is an amazing program and yet when i first loaded up cs2 I was very over whelmed by it so I think I will be good at showing people how t do things the simple way. I have spent many hours learning 1 way just to find there is a simple step that takes just 2 mins. My only problem is I am a bit OCD so will not give up once a challenge has been set until I have achieved the results which I guess that is what people want for example my face painting thought it would be easy but reached all sorts of complication but learnt the simplest way to achieve the same results and even did a basic video tutorial and that is what I am aiming to do for more members. I dont want to just do the work for them but to teach what little knowledge I have so that in future they can do it and pass on their knowledge.
I HAVE A DREAM just kidding lol