What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings Guru's from remote Alaska

Mickaisy

Hi everyone,

I absolutely love photography and shoot in RAW mode with my d5000. I am limited in fancy camera bodies and lenses with my most expensive lens being the 70-300mmVR which I bought for 400 bucks. However, in the past year or so that I have been shooting RAW, I dont have any real knowledge of Post Processing. Basically I have a large image bank saved on external drives all waiting to be processed. I hope to gain a working knowledge of the main/common steps in processing a photo to some more advanced techniques like masking, dodge and burn, etc. (which may not be advanced at all to some members here:)

I recently moved to the remote Alaska Bush where the only internet comes from satellite at work and no where else. I am unable to post pictures due to work restrictions so I apologize in advance. Since there is literally nothing to do after work, I find myself back in the office looking at photoshop videos and taking extensive notes. Since there is a lot of down time, I hope to start processing some of the photos I have taken thus far (about 15 GB in 4 weeks). I am finding introductory videos on youtube and lynda.com to be immensely helpful which shows you just how much of a beginner I am.

Sorry for the lengthy intro but I hope to have specific questions as I am not a stranger to forums and definitely know how to use the search function before posting a new thread:) Can't wait to dive in and finally learn how to process my photos from start to finish. I am not looking to be at a graphic designer level but to have a strong knowledge of masking, layers, dodging and burning, healing brushes, etc as I dont really know what they do or how to use them.

Look forward to making this forum a part of my daily visited site list along with meeting great people of this knowledgeable community:thumbsup:

Hi Mickaisy

Welcome to the Forum, luckily in our community there's a lot of photographers as well that you can rely on, feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Make yourself at home and good luck.

Mickaisy

Thanks for stopping in and saying Hi! Sorry if my post was a tad long but wanted to give a nice informative introduction. I am eager to crack open the wealth of knowledge contained within this forum and from helpful members. I am excited to finally start learning how to post process my photos!

Mickaisy

I look forward to learning but am overwhelmed with where to start! So much information in this forum!

Fairy

Welcome to PSG Mickaisy! I am looking forward to see some of your pictures.