What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, newbie here

BayCat

Hello, obviously I'm new here. I'm also very new to PS. I have PS CS5 and cant even get off the ground. Very frustrated, but hope to learn a lot here.

BayCat

fenix

Guru
Hi Lisa & Welcome to PSG!

Sierraccr

Power User
Hey Lisa! If you don't mind a suggestion, go to one of the basic tutorials on what your tools do so that you know which button to push. ;)

Then pick something you want to accomplish or a project that takes your fancy or even one of the challenges here on PSG and give it a go. With specific questions, you have scores of tutors here on PSG.

Other than that, don't be discouraged. Photoshop has a steep learning curve for all of us.

Hi Lisa Miller

Welcome to PhotoShop Gurus.

PS can be frustrating at the beginning, everyone of us have been there before.

So don't worry just keep playing whit the basic tools, until you get the hang of it, from there is pretty much straight forward, and you will become a PS Guru in no time.

BayCat

Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions!! Unfortunately I can't even get a photo to show up on the document window, just the white/grey checker board. I see the photo on the vertical dock on the right hand side. So I really am stuck at the get go. Ive printed the manual and I have watched some tutorials, just havent found one that helps me with this problem. I'll keep trying and scour these forums for answers. Thanks again for the warm welcome!!