What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello to members. I'm here for help.

Carol

I am turning slides into digital photos for a Christmas project and a cropping problem has seriously affected my project. I have done four CDs, the last with 133 slides and have two more discs to go. This is a time-consuming project and each slide needs photo editing.

The Photoshop CS4 cropping tool stopped working Dec 15 late at night, I decided I should shut my computer off, go to bed and the problem would be resolved next time I opened Photoshop. When I opened the program today, Dec. 17, 2011, I had the same cropping problem.

A Google search about this problem found a person with the same problem. Your web site forum said to reset preferences, which resolved the 2009 member’s problem. The solution did not work for me (or I did it wrong).

I reset my preferences (edit>preferences>general>reset all warning dialogues). That step did now work (or I did it wrong!).

I use photo shop for numerous projects and will appreciate your help in resolving this.

Hoogle

Guru
Hi Carol make sure you have not entered any values in these boxes or better still if you want all your pictures the same then do enter values. Sometimes people accidentally enter a number and the crop tool will only crop to that value.
Capture.PNG

Carol

You are truly a Guru! Thank you so much. I would not have found that on a bet. I must have accidently entered value (that is what happens on late night projects).

Hoogle

Guru
usually late night projects and a few beers for me lol.
Glad it was just a simple job.

What are you using for your slideshow (software wise)

Carol

I am turning slides, taken with 35mm film in earlier years, into digital photos. I had slides scanned by a company to disc. I am now editing each slide with Photoshop. I will print some pictures for use in memory books. It is amazing how a picture can be cleaned up in Photoshop.

I will place all on thumb drives and give to family. It is truly a trip down memory lane. There are some great moments, beautiful smiles and lovely scenery.

Hoogle

Guru
Oh sorry I mis read your post I thought you were making slideshows lol.

Yeah it is amazing the technology today you can easily buy a slide scanner these days where as before they were very expensive if you still have slides you would like to scan.

Carol

I could do a slide show with the result but that is not the plan.

What slide scanner do you recommend? I recently tested out the Ion brand. Even when I set it to high resolution, it only scanned at 72dpi this is not good enough for editing. It also took forever to transfer photos.

Carol

When I get a new printer, I will check out that feature. Thanks for the information. I have a Nikon camera and like it very much.