What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Wisconsin.

naleidme11

Hey everybody. I am Mitchell from Southeastern Wisconsin. I went to school for graphics, photography, and web design, but I could always use some help. I am currently working on a portfolio while I search for jobs. I have a homepage nearly set up, but I am not liking my buttons at all. I am going for a travel site style which includes a background photo, so I am looking for styles that can overlap a photo without being too distracting. I have a jpg attachment of my home page. Any critiques or advice would help. Thanks.

-Mitchell

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0

Dreamers

Guru
Welcome to the forum Mitchell :)

I just bumped on this one.
First you might want to try the graphics and design threads on this forum.

From the image you posted:
It looks too dark for me, try something new fresh (it's Spring so)... for the buttons i think you can leave them transparent joining the main page.

I've being reading the discription you wrote about yourself:
How about:
"Hello everyone and welcome to my website.
My name Mitchell and I realy enjoy to draw, creating web designs and also I'm photographer.
(and then your story from here) ever since I was a little boy....

Just an idea, I know it's a bit hard to make it stand out and short as posible.
One sentence got a dubble "of" (The major covers a variety... ) make sure you read it slow down a bit the second time you re-read your own written ...

I like the last sentence, take it into "the world". Infact your not "taking" it into the world but you'll "bring" it "to" the world for their enjoyment :)