What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello there, I'm Riet, noob at photoshop!

Riet

Hello,
I read that you like the new members to introduce theirselves.
So that's what I'm going to do!
I'm Riet, I'm a Belgian 22-y-old. I live and study (engineer in Biochemistry) in Ghent, so my native language is Dutch. That's the reason why you will read (a lot of) mistakes in my posts, but I'll try my best not to write too many of them :)
I'm a total noob at photoshop but I'm a fast learner and I like to experiment. But while experimenting, I often get stuck on stupid problems. To be honest, I'm tired of searching for solutions for hours and would like to have some 'remote assistance'. Don't worry, I always look for youtube videos or tutorials first, I will not spam for every little problem I have.

The annoying problem I have now is one with color (colour?) When I use the 'Color Replacement Tool', Ps does NOT replace the original color to the color I want him to, it's always a different shade of the color or even a complete other color. E.g. I wanted to replace a greenish-bluish color to a more dark blue color. When I use the CRT, he replaces the original color by some dirty purple. I have this issue with other tools too. I really have no clue what the problem is, so I hope someone can help me with this.. Thanks in advance!
Please feel free to correct my language-mistakes!

Denney Ison

Hello Riet, welcome ^^ Just a friendly reminder.. You are not a NOOB. Noob is very different from a NEWB. Newbs are simply newcomers or beginners, and Noob someone who is obnoxious and annoying. Not a very nice word. lol Anyways, your English is perfectly fine. I'm also new here so technically, we're classmates lol.

Cheers!:thumbsup:

Riet

Allright, good to know :D I thought noob and newbie were the same (and maybe noob was even more new and unknowing than newbie..) Thanks!