What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! Anyone have advice for a noob?

MetallicTrout

Hi there! I'm new and glad to be here! This is clearly my first post. As someone with no photoshop experience or artistic skills whatsoever, I decided to come here and engage with the masters. I just wrote an ebook and am looking for an eye-catching book cover to publish it with. I have the image I want modified and would love it if anyone could share some advice on where I should go to get it photoshopped. Anyone who is interested in editing the photo themselves will receive credit on the inside cover of my novel. Thanks! And again, glad to be here!

MetallicTrout

Most definitely. I would like this girl to be photoshopped onto a forest background. She needs to be in the middle foreground and behind her is a woodland forest that's on fire (covering about the bottom half of the background) and above the fire is an evening sky. I would like it to be 2000 tall by 1250 wide, or at least have a height/width ratio of 1.6. I would be very appreciative if someone could please do this for me!O.N.S.w.N. covergirl.jpg

chitkaran

Guru
Well you can put her in front of any forest and it would be engulfed with fire in no time.. :naughty:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
How is this for a quicky erm I mean quick edit :lol:

firelady.jpg

Lot's of fire selection through channels and a normal forest fire. Used Adobe Lighting effects to add a warm, directional hint of orange to the model and then a bit of blending so she is in rather than on the image. Hope this is the sort of thing you meant OP.
This is reduced for showing here, original is of the resolution you wanted.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Thanks Buddy, good description of what the op wanted helped loads. Pretty much saw what I wanted and managed to put it together.
Love stuff like this, beats restoring buggered photo's any day of the week although wifey was like WTF when I opened it up in Ps hehe :thumbsup:

Inkz

Guru
Agreed...

It's great when the op of any request gives as much info as possible to the designer, makes life alot easier for everyone.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Thanks MT, really pleased you like it.

As I said to Inkz, love stuff like this but it helped that you knew what you wanted.
Don't forget that the one I have uploaded is reduced in size to 800 hight and not 2000 pixels as you wanted. If you're happy with this and Inkz doesn't come along and cream me (as he sometimes does hehe) how would you like the full resolution version?

Rather than reference me, please reference this forum 'Photoshop Gurus' as it's here that you found what you wanted. I was just a part of this place that helped out

:thumbsup:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Like a Persian Rug to be honest :eek:

Used a new shampoo earlier and it has gone all fluffy lmao, but ever so shiny :D :D

MetallicTrout

Thanks MT, really pleased you like it.

As I said to Inkz, love stuff like this but it helped that you knew what you wanted.
Don't forget that the one I have uploaded is reduced in size to 800 hight and not 2000 pixels as you wanted. If you're happy with this and Inkz doesn't come along and cream me (as he sometimes does hehe) how would you like the full resolution version?

Rather than reference me, please reference this forum 'Photoshop Gurus' as it's here that you found what you wanted. I was just a part of this place that helped out

:thumbsup:
Actually yes, I would love the 2000 pixels height if you have it. That would be fantastic thanks!