What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How difficult would it be to replicate this logo

mcnicholl

Hi,

I am designing a website as a favour for a local Irish Dancing School - I am a programmer not a graphic designer, hence my request for help.

My Client promised to get me the logo of his Dance School but it turns out the Company that designed it 5+ years ago is no longer in business and all he has is the jpeg of the logo (see attached). Also attached is how it looks on t-shirt worn by the School.

I have not used Photoshop in about 10 years and even then my experience was limited to working with images so I was wondering it someone could tell me how difficult would it be to replicate this logo for use on a website, and hopefully someone will help me reproduce it.

logo1.JPGlogo2.jpg

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help that I get with this

Regards

egosbar

Guru
in my short experience id use the pen tool trace the logo , use paths to select then fill , then just find a text the same , try a portion of it first , theres probably an easier way though lol

mcnicholl

#sprucemagoo1 - I wish I had your skills - that is STUNNING and I really do mean STUNNING!!:cheesygrin:
The embroidery company are the people who sent me the logo tonight - that is all they have and I have waited 3 months on this.
How do I use your version - can I import this into PS and then trace? I don't mind doing a bit of work - I could Google for a tutorial - maybe you could point me in the right direction?

Lol at Eddie Scissor hands - great film - my kids loved it when when they seen it for the first time - they were hooked.

Thanks for all your help with this - really appreciate your time and effort.

Here is the .ai file that you will need if you are wanting to get anything embroidered or printed with this logo, otherwise just open a new document in photoshop at what ever size you need the logo and drag the file onto the canvas. The first image you provided looks to be excellent quality embroidery. It can be quite tricky, even with good software, I digress!
View attachment 28378

If you have illustrator, you can do this, not that you would want to.

View attachment 28379

Last edited:

mcnicholl

Thank you SO much #sprucemagoo1!
I am chuffed that you have done this for me. As a gratitude of my thanks how about I donate €5 to any charity of your choice that accepts PayPal donations?

Again, thanks for your time, effort and undoubted expertise!

BTW, I do take your point about the embroidery work. I enquired with my Client and he confirms that all image work was done 5+ years ago and all they have now is the logo I submitted. Your design will not be used for anything else except to be rescaled to place in the header of a website which will go live in Apr 2013.

Best regards,

mcnicholl

Just seen your illustrator post - you are a genius with graphics!
Don't have illustrator but I know what's possible if I did have it - great illustration (pun intended lol).