What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! and color range question

Acidstuff

Hi I'm Acidstuff (Holland, Europe) and made some some photos of a model during a workshop last weekend and did some basic retouching. There is one little annoyance, there are small drops of paint on the models skin mainly on the fingers that I tried to remove, but didn't succeed in.

The Healing Brush did not work out well and my next option was to sample the skin with the color picker and use a soft brush at a low opacity, but unfortunately the spots were still visible. A higher opacity obfuscated the texture of the skin. My next hope was the Color Range option, but although I fiddled around with the setting and the blue channel I had no luck in getting the paint spots selected.

My hope is on this forum. Maybe someone can explain me what the best approach is for a situation like this.

Curly-Sue.jpg

RTContent

Power User
How's this?

Curly-Sue.jpg

What I did was use the Color range tool like you were doing, but then I applied a layer mask using this selection to the channel mixer tool. Then I swapped out the green and blue channel: Green channel - green +20, blue +80. Blue channel - green +80, blue +20.

hawkeye

Guru
Painted with a low opacity, low flow soft brush on a separate layer. Sample often and bulid up the color slowly, when you have the color right add a bit of noise to match. On another layer I added a finger nail transfomed it to fit. Added the shadow back in on another layer.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3

Acidstuff

That looks great! It's amazing that you managed to do that on such a small and pixelated image.