What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Hunter looking to learn Photoshop CS6

Hi everyone,

I just found this forum from doing a Google search. I'm a web developer/software developer and yes, I am a Ghost Hunter aka Paranormal Investigator on the weekends. :) I'm currently working on 2 websites and hoping to learn some skills here in photoshop that I can use to spurce things up. I'll post the sites later if it's ok with the site admin. I don't want to be considered spamming right out of the gate. lol ;) In addition, if anyone is interested in hearing some of my ghostly adventures just post here or in the general topics forum if there is one here. :) Looking forward to talking with everyone here.

Many blessings to all!

Jim

ibclare

Queen Bee
Is that all?!! :shocked: <<<<----- that's my "I think I saw a puddycat look;" ehr, I mean ghost.

Welcome to the forum, now you can add ghosts to all your photographs, lol.

Seriously, you will learn a lot here. Just put your ego away (as we mostly all have!), read interesting threads, ask questions, share your work, maybe participate in the challenges, etc., and find good tutorials. I spruced up my skills and knowledge by joining lynda.com for a year. It is a comprehensive collection of videos with really knowledgeable instructors. It was a worthwhile investment. psd tuts is a free tutorial site, not as extensive.

My bywords for Photoshop are: patience, practice, play. Hope you will try all three. :mrgreen:

Is that all?!! :shocked: <<<<----- that's my "I think I saw a puddycat look;" ehr, I mean ghost.

Welcome to the forum, now you can add ghosts to all your photographs, lol.

Hi and thanks for the welcome! :)

I'm curious as to what you meant by... "Is that all?"

Sorry, adding ghosts to photos is not one of my goals.

Thank you again for the tip. I do have a subscription to Lyndia.com already. A lot of those videos are pretty long. I was hoping to find some tutorials that are specific and to the point where I didn't have to spend a lot of time wading through 9 million other things to get to what I wanted to learn.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Jim and welcome! You actually came to the right forum...................Clare see's dead people.

Good luck and as stated above, most of all have fun!

Inkz

Guru
Welcome Jim...

Love to hear and see some of your adventures. We have an off topic section for you to use to add your spooky tales.
And a photography section for your photos. But be aware, some may look for Ps usage within your pix lol.

Enjoy.

Welcome Jim...

Love to hear and see some of your adventures. We have an off topic section for you to use to add your spooky tales.
And a photography section for your photos. But be aware, some may look for Ps usage within your pix lol.

Enjoy.

Sounds great! I'll do that. As for looking for Ps usage in the pix. Not a problem. Any pix I post would be genuine with no alteration.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I ain' afraid of no ghosts! :devilish:

See them now and then as ephemeral blurs/gray wisps in my peripheral vision. And my 4 eyes aren't that messed up. :rofl:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I don't know about awesome, but those were cool wraith-like "things," and I did have a shock response to the face of death at the end. I just can't get into Michael Jackson . . .