What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'm new, can someone help me please?!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
We certainly appreciate you staying on after your request for PS assistance was given. Not a lot of visitors do that. And not a lot of people are willing to spend a lot of time, effort and internet bills or bandwidth quota being active in internet forums except for maybe Facebook or other social media.

Be it professional or amateur/accomplished hobbyist - Be who you are, do what you're good at, have fun while doing it, Do it with a certain amount of pride and lastly, don't expect compensation. In doing a freebie, the only reward you'll ever get are the Thank You's from the requester (if any) and accolades of approval from fellow members.

ZipedX

Power User
Clare I totally missed the improvement you made to the blanket. Cloned in from the bottom right of original blanket?

I see some problems with it, but the texture feels more accurate now, care to outline the methods used or even better how you would have gone about this project from the beginning (workflow)?

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Nicely done Ziped. May I make a suggestion? Crop off the top of the picture with all the pixcture frames. It is distracting and unnecessary. You and tom both did a great job. Becca should love it now and the granparents too. ...

Thanks ibclare. I thought about that too and I second your opinion.I will however leave the decision with becca.

FWIW, when I am dealing with an image that has possible historic / family value, I try to think more like a museum conservator in that I'll be happy to "fix" things that happened to the print because of age, but not "fix" aspects of the image that were there when the photo was new.

So, I have no problem fixing the red color cast; I would have no problem trying to repair cracks and tears, but, personally, I wouldn't change the cropping.

I do this because I can imagine that at some future date, for any of several reasons, someone might have an interest in the paintings on the wall. However, if I crop them out, then they have to go to the original image, which might no longer be around.

The same goes for removal of a person. If the client specifically requests this, of course, I'll do it, but I'll also make an "improved" copy in which I did everything except remove the person and present this to the customer with a suggestion that they keep both versions.

Anyway, that's the way I tend to think about situations like this.

T

beccawhat

i've been busy the past couple days and haven't had time to log on, but thank you all for your comments!

My grandfather loved the edit and was really pleased so I can't thank you guys enough! I know it's not much, but a thanks is all i can give.

i've been editing photos for a couple years now (only light easy edits) but i've never had to remove anyone and so i couldn't do it without making it look a little funny - also my grandpa was wanting it quick so this i searched the internet and saw this site and hoped someone more skilled could help! and they did! :)

i also now have a chromebook laptop and can't download photoshop (i tried removing him in the pixlr editor) you guys were my heroes! ;)

10432359_10152388099700067_1581243331_n.jpg
this was my attempt before i came here - i didn't like how blurry i made it and i was getting a little annoyed ahah :p
(as you can see, it's not very good - it was my first try at it though)

but anyways - thank you guys again for everything! :)

beccawhat

oh and i'm sorry for asking for an edit, though i'm very glad i received it. i was just trying to find a quick solution and help that i didn't read anything about asking for others to edit for you. i didn't realize some people didn't like asking for free edits - sorry! :doh: :redface:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
:cheesygrin:

Pardon us for our little OT, beccawhat. It can't be helped sometimes...

It's not that we don't accept requests for free edits. We have to be selective and focus our energies either to teach people (which is our number one priority) or grant requests that are worthwhile doing.

Like this request of yours that received a lot of response and great edits from our members ... a simple case of our members choice to help someone preserve the irreplaceable memories of one's great-grandparents rather than grant an edit to put someone next to Miley.....