What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'm new, can someone help me please?!

beccawhat

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could photoshop this for me? :redface:

My grandpa wants himself cropped out of the photo (he's on the left - the young one in the white) so it's just his parents. it's the last photo his parents ever took together so he would like to be cropped out. Thanks in advance if you help me :thumbsup:

123.jpg

ZipedX

Power User
Hi Becca and welcome to the forum from one newbie to another.

I would say that to crop out your grandpa as you put it would involve some effort.

Because I'm guessing you would like help with "removing" him rather than just cropping the picture. Am I right in assuming this?

beccawhat

Hi Becca and welcome to the forum from one newbie to another.

I would say that to crop out your grandpa as you put it would involve some effort.

Because I'm guessing you would like help with "removing" him rather than just cropping the picture. Am I right in assuming this?

Yeah oopps i should of wrote remove. I tried it myself but it just looked too fake and thought someone with more experience could do it
:redface:

ZipedX

Power User
That's alright I'm a walking typo myself so.
Anyways I could have a go, I'm more of a hobbyist user but if that's okay with you.

I would love to try but earliest would be Sunday since I'm away on trip at the moment.

There's lots of really skilled and friendly people on the forums so come Sunday, maybe you'll have what you want already. Otherwise I'll have a go.

Tom Mann

Guru
The 1st thing you need to do is get rid of that hideous red color cast. I didn't re-color the pictures on the wall or some other things that need coloring, but here's a first shot at cleaning up the red.

It's fairly tedious, so I'm going to have to leave it to someone else to clone out the individual, as you requested.

T

Attachments

• 123-tjm01_acr-ps02a_sRGB-01.jpg
    123-tjm01_acr-ps02a_sRGB-01.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 10

ZipedX

Power User
Hi Becca.

Managed to get a hold of PS and this is what I got at the moment. Wouldn't say it's perfect, still feels "shopped" in my opinion.

Anyone got any suggestions? My main concern would be the new blanket It stands out to much. I'm however too tired to know why. I think it doesn't feel angled right + the strange glow i got.

123.red.jpg

Also Tom if you wouldn't mind what methods did you use for color correction? It looked awsome. I used levels for mine, yours is better.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Nicely done Ziped. May I make a suggestion? Crop off the top of the picture with all the pixcture frames. It is distracting and unnecessary. You and tom both did a great job. Becca should love it now and the granparents too.

Walking typo! I love it. I resemble that remark.

ZipedX

Power User
Thanks ibclare. I thought about that too and I second your opinion.I will however leave the decision with becca.

Nicely done Ziped. May I make a suggestion? Crop off the top of the picture with all the pixcture frames. It is distracting and unnecessary. You and tom both did a great job. Becca should love it now and the granparents too.

Walking typo! I love it. I resemble that remark.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here is my vwersion, working off what my predecessors have done:

couple.jpg

Or maybe this:

couple-2.jpg

Border needs a little better proportion though. Sorry.

Last edited:

ZipedX

Power User
I see your point and truly appreciate your input, I'm just wired a bit differently. However this gives me a chance to ask your guidance.

I'm still new and learning the ropes, how should I go about posting replies in threads similar to this? I've read multiple times that you guys rather guide than do the actual work. Should this be my normal mindset or witch guidelines do one have to follow if any?

Good idea. But I always do what I think is artistically correct despite what the OP wants. But that is just me.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Ah, well we like to put out that message. Very often we have PS newbies who would really like to learn the steps but don't always say so. OTOH, these are usually, like Becca, who don't use photo editing and just want someone to do it for them.

We leave this entirley up to members to decide if they would like to help. No discouraging anyone from doing what they like.

The only thing I ask of the OP is to ask nicely, say something akin to please. Come back and thank us and not have further demands. Make yourself clear immediatley or be prepared to be either pleased or diappointed. It is also very nice of anyone asking for work and getting results, whether exactly what they want, to consider the time members of the forum spend to help them. So, I think it is great for the OP to click the thanks button on every member posting their work. Seems only fair to me.

There you have it. In the stickies for this particular forum there is one which discusses the official forum view of doing freebies, written by admin Steve.

ibclare

Queen Bee
For anyone interested, here is the link to the official forum view of freebie requests.

By the way Becca, thank you for being polite and agreeable with the work all have had a good time doing. We hope your family will be pleased with the results and choose which best works for them. Thank you for coming to our forum!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I see your point and truly appreciate your input, I'm just wired a bit differently. However this gives me a chance to ask your guidance.

I'm still new and learning the ropes, how should I go about posting replies in threads similar to this? I've read multiple times that you guys rather guide than do the actual work. Should this be my normal mindset or witch guidelines do one have to follow if any?

We don't mind doing free edits but limitations should be set. If not, we'll be deluged by a flood of frivolous or sometimes unethical requests as well as those who take advantage of graphic sites like ours for artwork or images intended for commercial purposes. We can almost never verify the origin or ownership of the image for edit posted and it would be difficult to say whether editing them is a good or bad thing - like in the case of copyright images. Other edits could have been avoided had the person taken certain precautions - like disabling the SNAPSHOT banner option on their smartphones.

But this is left to member's prerogative whether to grant or not to grant the request. You might have noticed that only a few took part here compared to other request threads. This is due in part to member's right to decide.

ZipedX... if you are comfortable and have no problem with the idea of doing free edits, we can not hinder you, either. However, we do urge everyone to be watchful of certain requests as listed in the link below.

For a more comprehensive look at the forum's view and set guideline to image requests - http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...tant-guidelines-free-image-edit-requests.html

Paul

Former Member
Great posting guys, especially this last page:thumbsup:

ZipedX

Power User
Thanks Clare and dv8.

I have no problem since I'm not a professional and the result I present will reflect that. But I would like to follow forum standards since I got plans to stay and learn what I can and when I can.

Thanks for your input.